The Final Stretch

Looking closer, Luke noticed some black dots in the distance, drawing closer and closer!

"P2?", he began to ask, but soon interrupted by the sound of gunfire!
Fighter jets began opening fire on the small group, hoping to make them crashland so they could abduct Juliet!

Quickly, the vehicle began to dive down, and climb up, trying to avoid the machine gun fire! The fighter jets were right on their tails, however, slicing through the sky at incredible speeds!
Juliet could hear the richocheting bullets on the top, and sides of the vehicle, as she cowered into her seat.
Luke tried to lash a couple of the jets out of the air with his cloak tendrils through the window, but at the speed they were going, he kept missing his targets.

"Darn, I didn't wanna believe it, but those guys are THE biggest annoyances in the history of ever", Jack scowled, watching his radar.

"Well!? What's the plan??", P2 asked, prepared for anything they might throw at them.

" ...I've got nothin'"-

"You mean, we're going to die..?", Juliet whimpered.

"What? No! You didn't let me finish! By 'nothing', I mean nothing peaceful to get you guys out of this mess. So I'm gonna hack their systems and make them fire at each others".

"Y-you can do that"!?

"Not to toot my own horn, but yeah. I'm also gonna wipe their archives of you, too. They're smart, but their nothing without data".

Luke popped open a bag of chips, and looked out the back window. "This should be good", he chuckled.

Jack went to work, and as soon as the fighter jets drew near, Jack hacked their systems, and corrupted their computers!
Everything locked up in the jets, and they flew off in different directions, each jet trying to shoot the other out of the sky!
The control towers tried to radio them for assistance, but their computers began getting static, and soon started exploding!
Jack cracked his knuckles, and sat back in his chair.

"Now there should be a clear path to your mom's location", Jack casually said.

"Sometimes you scare me with how good you are with tech, Jack", P2 replied, rubbing the back of his head.

"Hey, they're gone! At least we have no more peeps to bother us, now!", Luke mentioned. "Only downside is we couldn't punch anyone".

"D-does anyone have a bag? I feel like throwing up..." , a queasy Juliet asked, rolling down the window.

While Luke gave her a bottle of water, P2 and Jack talked about the location of where Juliet's mother, Ellen Summers was being stationed at.
It would most likely be another day or two before they reached their destination, due to all those fancy maneuvers to dodge and weave diminished their fuel reserves. But it wouldn't be long, now...

Night approached, and Jack activated auto-pilot so that P2 and the others could relax until they filled up at the next station.
The three looked out the windows. For P2, being so high, steadily flying forwards was a bit nerve-racking, but the sight of the stars in the sky calmed him down.

"How many you think are up there?", P2 asked longingly.

"Maybe a million?", Luke guessed.

"There's probably more than that", Juliet chuckled. "There's the stars in our solar system, and the others far away from us... And probably other universes, parallel to our own"...

"There's other universes???", Luke asked with awe. "I wanna see them all"!

"Could be infinite, dude. You'd never find them all", P2 answered. "But I'd wanna see some, too"...

"All those stars... Man, I'm getting sleepy just thinking about them. But I don't even have a pillow to put my head on in this thing".

Juliet's motherly instincts kicked in, and crawled in the backseat with him. "Here, you can rest in my lap. Just like what mother did for me when I was small", she patted.

Luke hesitated at first, but was soon fast asleep, his cloak covering them both as a blanket.
P2 smiled as he folded his arms, lowering his head to sleep. All was well in the airborne vehicle that night. No more worrying about Gabe, the Children of Blood, or any pesky government agents. They could breathe easy...
Morning came, and P2 was awoken by the soft beeping on the screen. The vehicle indicated that there was a gas station nearby, and refilling was recommended.
He tapped 'OK', and the vehicle gently began to descend on the road, its wings retracting back in its sides.
The sun rose in the horizon, warmly kissing their faces.

"( They'll wake up soon, but I'll let em' sleep until I refill. Then we can get breakfast somewhere )", P2 thought as they pulled up to the station.

Juliet and Luke dozed off as P2 quietly closed the door to complete his task. This adventure was almost over. He would kind of miss Juliet's company, but she'd be happier when she was back with her mother. Until then, he, Luke, and Jack would keep protecting her as much as they could.