13: The True One

Thanks to mehakmuskaankhan for the awesome covers! Love you lots!! 😘

Chapter 13 : The True One

"Adam?? Can you hear me??" A very familiar voice said, " No, just call 911...in case..."

"Sure!" A voice said

I couldn't see anything but gray. Everything sounded like I was sinking in a deep ocean and listening to people talk from a distant boat on the water.

"Adam, please be alright.. you're okay, you're alright..." I could hear her whisper the words. Her voice was so low. So low that I was probably the only one who heard her.

I wasn't even sure whether or not she knew I could hear her.

I tried to move my lips to ask her what's happening but everything felt too heavy and I really didn't feel like moving.

I could hear the sirens and sudden footsteps that stopped right next to me.

"Yes sir, vitals are..." She says , how come she sounds so knowledgeable about medical stuff?

"No sir I think it was a state of mental stupor, shock..then he fell into total unconsciousness. He hit the back of his head against the wall during the fall, not too hard to cause a concussion but...." I zoned out of the conversation as they started talking in medical terms that sounded completely foreign to me.  I felt hands on my back and legs as I was put on a stretcher.

"Please take care of him." She said quietly.

Why does she sound like she cares so much? She doesn't even see me as a friend!!

"Wait...Miss Saleh was it?" One of the paramedics calls after her.

"Call me Sarah."

"Sarah you have to come with us since you took the vitals and you were here when it happened..."

She must've nodded because we started moving and I could hear her behind me as I was loaded into the back of the ambulance.

And then the grayness turned to complete darkness and I sunk back into unconsciousness.

**************************

I jerked awake suddenly. Memories flooding my head.

Oh Gosh...I have to see Mom...mom...

My eyelids fluttered open and I sat up.

I winced as I sat up.  I could've sworn lightning just struck my head. It was throbbing.

"Woah there. Easy now!" I looked up to see a young doctor standing next to Sarah.

I frown.

Why was she standing with that doctor?

And then I remember how worried she sounded and...

Oh God I get jealous at the weirdest of times.

I must have it hard for her if I'm thinking of her with much more pressing matters at hand.

"Doc, I'm sorry but I have to get discharged. I have to go somewhere..." I said, pausing every now and then to catch my breath or to try to figure out how to remove the IV needles stuck in my wrist.

"In a second Mr White. You're alright, thankfully it was nothing that dangerous..." He moved towards me with a warm smile on his face.