15: Google Is No Fun

Chapter 15 : Google is No Fun

Loud knocking echoed through the walls of my cozy apartment. I reached for my phone and checked the time. It was only 6 AM. Who the hell would want to disturb my sleep at a time like this? I groaned and rolled out of my bed. I stared through the door's peep hole eye only to see the least expected person.  Still, I don't care who it was.  This better be good. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened the door hesitantly.

"Sarah? What are you doing here?" I asked, surprise lacing my voice.

"Get in, Adam, we need to talk." She said sullenly.

"We do?" I was getting more confused by the second.

"Yes." She deadpanned, before grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the armchair.

I frowned. She was acting weird. Sarah wouldn't grab my hand like that, I wish! Sarah wouldn't turn up at my house like this. Our "relationship" was strictly professional; nothing but work and the occasional friendly banter. 

I didn't know if I liked this version of Sarah or not and my head somehow found that fact funny.

"I don't recall cracking a joke, Adam." She scoffed.

Great. Now  she sounds like a teacher. I started laughing harder.

She sighed .

"I'm trying to be serious here Adam."

"Okay , okay, take a seat Sarah."

Now I sounded like a principal or a boss or something.

She sat down.

"Is it true Adam?" She asked.

"What's true?"

"That you're becoming Muslim." She bit her lips and furrowed her eyebrows , looking more adorable than ever.

"Yes but... I keep getting lot's of what ifs and doubt... I don't know."

"Just keep praying to Allah to guide you to the truth. For he said in the Quran , {And Allah knows what you conceal and what you reveal} Surah Al-Nahl 16:19 so that even if you hide from people, friends, family, or even yourself. He will Always know. If He sees good in your heart, He'll definitely guide you to the right path..." She whispered.

I sighed.

" Why are you here though...?" I asked.

"What do you mean ...?"

" You don't touch guys. You don't like talking to me when it's not work related. I know for sure you'd never step foot in my house. This just feels...unreal."

"It doesn't have to be real..." She leans closer.

I decide to ditch every single warning in my head and lean closer. At this point, our foreheads are almost touching.

Everything is so perfect ....

....until a buzzing sound jerks me awake.

*****************

I could think of almost nothing but that weird dream all through the day.

It just didn't make sense and I couldn't bring myself to think that it was more than just a nonsense dream.

I mean, it definitely was a nonsense dream.