Fight For Your Family's name part 2

The journey was long and brutal for me. But Vergil looked like as if he was fully rested. The hike was long and full of awkward silences, especially when I tried asking him about anything.

We finally reached the top of the mountain. Vergil was the first to reach, since he kept leaving me behind. At the top. here was an alcove, with giant stone doors inside, that looked centuries old.

"Give me my coat." Vergil nearly barked at me. I quickly took off his coat and gave back to him.

Vergil slowly reached his hand towards the door and tried to open it. But to no avail. An angered growl came from his throat. "Why won't this open!?"

I meekly said to him; "only a Schnee can open it."

"The why don't you open it?"

"This is my quest and I'm not letting anybody take it away from me!" I yelled into Vergil's face.

"Are you sure that isn't your family's pride talking?" Vergil said, while putting his black bag down.

"What did you say?" I tightly gripped sword, ready to strike. "No one says that about my family!"

Vergil slowly took his sword from his sheath. "Come on!" Vergil gave me a sadistic yet handsome smile.

I lunged towards Vergil with my sword pointed forward, catching him off guard. In a swift yet startled move, Vergil side stepped my attack and jumped back even more to gain distance.

"Open that door, little girl!" Vergil snarled at me.

"I'm not letting you through!"

"Your wasting my time!" Vergil said, precisely swinging his katana at me. Out of reflex, I deflected Vergil strike away from myself.

Nearly minutes of us swinging at each other became tiring. We backed off of each other once again, only for Vergil to disappear right in front of my eyes.

Cold steel was lightly pressed against the back of my neck. "Last chance to open that door, ice queen." Vergil's disembodied voice can be heard behind me.

"What did you call me!?" Those words erupted from my throat. In a quick motion, I ducked and stabbed my sword into the ground. This action allowed me to summon ice starting from the earth, then rocketed towards Vergil.

The mass of ice heading towards Vergil caught him off guard and knocked him to the ground.

"Now head back down the mountain before-" I was abruptly cut off by a blue translucent sword flying towards my face.

Out of shock I fell down, sitting on the ground. Vergil got back up and looking a blue blur, he instantly appeared in front of me. Vergil put the tip of his sword under my neck, slightly raising my head upwards.

"Why do you resist?" Vergil's words came out smoothly. "I don't want you hurt." I said, in a shaky voice. "I need to know if I'm ready to protect people. I need to be better then my father."

Tears started to creep out of my eyes. All while I looked down in shame and disgust for myself.

A soft and nurturing hand, smoothly glided through my hair, almost massaging my scalp. "There, there." Vergil's voice sounded very odd and almost apathetic. "I too, wish to succeed my father."

I looked up to see a single tear trail down the contours of Vergil's face. "When my father left, my mother died by the hands of Grimm. My brother Dante was weak and cowardly, so he hid and ran away. Even though my brother was a disgrace..." Vergil stopped talking for a second, almost if he chocked up. "Mother loved him more... So I will over power Dante one of these days."

"What is your family's name?" I asked Vergil, needing to know who he is. "(L/N), from my mother's side." Vergil took his hand away from me.

"I haven't heard of that name before."

"You and the world shall know that name soon enough. Now please open the door." Vergil walked over to the door picking up his black bag.

I walked over to the side of the door and pushed in a secret slab of rock. The door slowly and roughly opened, with dust and cobwebs flying into our faces.

The doors opened to reveal a long dark hallway, with some torches cutting through the darkness.

"How will your name be known?" I walked to the side of Vergil.

"I shall become the strongest warrior ever known."

"Then why not become a huntsmen?"

"Because my father didn't need to be a huntsman to be a legend." Vergil's grip tightened on his black bag.

"What legend?" When I asked, Vergil smiled a little.

"The legendary Dark Knight Sparda."

"... You don't need to joke around with me. No human has ever been side by side with Grimm, they're too evil."

"And if I am?" I froze in place after hearing Vergil say those words. He turned towards me, and stared intently into my eyes.

"I'm joking... Come with me, we're wasting time." Vergil softly grasped my hand.

I giggled a little, "you almost got me there. Where did hear that joke?" Vergil merely give a handsome grin. "You will find out soon."

Before I could say anything else, a loud booming voice vibrated my whole entire body, even the whole tunnel shook.

"I smell humans... And something else."

"Smells like dinner to me." A harsh voice sounded like thumder.

"Blood is such a good drink. Epically human blood." A disembodied voice cackled like a hyena.

The sight of a 20 foot tall, three headed dog came into view. The whole area was shaped as a dome.

"This is the three headed beast Vergil. Are you ready?" I gripped my sword, tightly.

Vergil laughed a little, with his hair becoming undone and messy. He slowly knelt down and put his katana on the ground.

Vergil put his black bag on his back, and unzipped the zipper for it. Assuming a combat stance, he said something that still lingers in my mind to this very day.

"Don't worry, I love this!"