epilogue part 1

As I opened my eyes from being defeated by Dante, I saw a pack of Grimm surround me. The leader of the pack sniffed around my body and picked me up to carry me further into the snow storm.

I couldn't feel anything at the moment. I couldn't even move. I was helpless as my vision had faded to black again.

After my eyes opened once again, the same voice from the fight with Dante was heard. But this time, it wasn't in my head.
"Congratulations, your one step away from becoming better than your father. But you're still too weak. Too weak to defeat Dante. You're a weakling." the word 'weakling' internalized itself into my head.

"I am not weak! You hear me, I am not weak! Who are you, show yourself!?" I opened my eyes to a black void. A black void of non-existence.

"I am Salem." a voice boomed throughout the dark abyss.

"Salem?" I bellowed in laughter. "You are a worm that my father stomped out years ago." my laughter continued to fill the empty void that I was motionlessly floating in.

"Only a fool would laugh at someone superior to the-" Salem's voice was cut off by my hysterical wheezing.

"BE QUIET!"

I felt around my body as I reached for my katana. Dante must've taken my father's sword when I fell unconscious.

"I don't think you get it. If my father could defeat you like the pathetic being you are..." I chuckled again, "then you are nothing to me."

I turned into my Grimm state and teleported towards a figure in the dark void. The figure of Salem, just calmly standing in the void. Standing in place with a sly smirk.

"First Sparda, then Vergil...Then someday, Dante..." Salem spoke, as a spike punctured my chest. My Grimm appearance had become human again.

"I will keep you as a guard. Then someday you'll become even more powerful than your father."

A reflection of my being appeared in front of me. My blue coat had become purple, along with my face becoming pale with black veins and scars littering my it.

 My blue coat had become purple, along with my face becoming pale with black veins and scars littering my it