epiloige part 3

"Dante, please come over here."I heard my mother call out as I was putting on my shoes. "Dante?" I quickly put on my jacket and threw my bag over my shoulder.

Before I could step outside of the house I was in and into the rain. My mother had placed her hand on my shoulder and stopped me. "Stay inside." my mother pulled to the kitchen when I tried to resist her.

"I wanna find him, mom," I whined as my mother handed me a dish to clean.

A long silence occurred when I referred to finding my brother... Or was it my father? Its been too long since I've seen them.

It was raining outside, and I was worried about my brother Vergil. He left a note inside of his room before he disappeared. My mother didn't want me to read it. I still wonder to this day what it said.

"I want to see them again." I dried off the plate I was cleaning.

"I don't need to hear about them now."

"Do you think they'll return together or separately?"

"Dante, be quiet for one minute!"

I ran to my room after my mother had her outburst. She had always been upset when our father left us. But since Vergil ran away, she was really on edge and easy to aggravate.

As I laid on my bed and faced the wall, I felt my mother's weight shift on the bed when she sat on it.

"I'm sorry, Dante. I shouldn't have done that." My mother caressed my hair. It was something I took for granted back then.

A long and awkward silence took place between the both of us before my mother sighed.

"When you grow up, don't be like your father." I turned around to see my mother tearing up a little. "Your father went away from home because he couldn't control himself, he wanted to be a hunter and not a father. The only thing he did as a father was that he gave you the name Dante."

I sat up and wrapped my arms around my mother while she still spoke on. "Don't be like me. Don't throw your life away... (Y/N), how does that sound?" I looked at my mother cockeyed. "You always told me that the other kids made fun of your name. So why not (Y/N)?"

"I'm not sure mom." My mother then took a stern look on her face. "Use it before you regret it."

"No."

"Do it for me, (Y/N)!" My mother's tears turned into blood running down her face as I held her.

"You're disappointing me!" My mother said as her eyes became dull and apathetic. The life in her eyes faded away as I started to cry in tandem with fire slowly consuming us both.

"No! Please come back! I'll be (Y/N), mom! Please come back!" I desperately shook my mother's carcass around.

"It's your fault, you should have been a good boy." I looked up to a woman standing in front of a pack of Grimm. The woman had a pale complexion to her skin, that perfectly contrasted with her black dress.

Who are you? I wanted to ask, but I couldn't speak. "Salem." The pale woman said as if answering my thought.

"You look just like your father. You'll be like him someday."

"No, I won't."

"Why not?"

"My mom said not to 'talk to strangers!' I gripped onto my mother's corpse a little tighter.

"Then go play with her." As Salem said that, my mother's corpse then spat blood out of it's mouth and then tried to bite me.

... I jolted out of my seat when the phone on my desk rang out loud.

Picking up the receiver, I answered the phone, "Devil May Cry."

"Dante, I'm going to rob a few dust shops around town. You should join."

"Sorry Roman, but I'm not in the mood right now."

"First of all don't say my name on the phone, anybody can be listening. Secondly, you haven't apparently been in the mood for a few months? That's bad for business Dante!"

"Well, I guess I'm taking personal leave then."

"What did you say? You're our major league hitter!"

"Sorry, but trying to find your family and the having a so-called reunion with them is pretty draining."

"I swear to Oum the next time I find you, I'm gonna put a bullet in an ingrate. I and Neo took you away from being a bum the streets and-" I threw the phone back into the receiver and sighed.

Standing to my feet, I had the most basic thought appear in my head. 'Beer.'

I groggily walked toward my cooler and tried to get some beer to wash down some memories.

My body still felt tired from fighting Vergil. Even though he couldn't land a hit on me, I'm still tired of jumping around Remnant looking for him.

My hand shakily reached into the cooler for some alcohol. The one I pulled was empty, so I pulled another one. It was also empty. I pulled out every bottle to realize that all of them are empty. 'How am I gonna get plastered now?'

Loud music blasted through my train of thought as I threw my cooler across the room. 'Goddammit! Every single day at the same damn time!'

It's always 12:00 am when Herald's club plays his music. It drives up the wall all the time. Every single time someone makes a noise complaint, Herald just sends hired goons to keep their mouths shut.

I laughed as I holstered my pistols. Herald's club has some beer. All need to do is slice his head off and turn off the music.

I weakly stumble off to Herald's club as I hear something whisper. 'Its all your fault. Vergil's not coming back. Roman wants you dead. No one wants you.'

I shake my head as get closer to the club. 'Great, its a voice. Not a happy voice. Just a voice of an old hag. Salem.'

I pushed through a line of people as I heard a familiar voice on the other side of the crowd. "If you want to get in, then be an 8/10." A bouncer named Tony was talking down to a lady. "Now go get a surgery and I'll think about letting you in." He chuckled to himself, as he guarded the club's entrance.

"Hey, Tony!" Tony's face turned pale as he heard my voice. Before he could run, I picked Tony up by the collar and through the club's front doors.

As tony landed on his face I called out in a loud yet calm voice, "I'm looking for Herald!" As if on cue, I saw Herald leap over a counter in fear. Cute, he thinks he can hide.

Before I could reach the counter, a blonde girl around my age (let's call her Goldilocks) came up to me and stopped me in my tracks. We eyed each other up and down as she spoke, "how about you run off scared, and I won't hurt you, or don't and get beat by a girl."

I smiled at Goldilocks' cocky attitude. "Make me little girl." She then threw a punch at me, that I dodged. 'Hmmm... I do love a fast woman.'

After a few minutes of fighting Goldilocks, I called my mother's sword to me as it came crashing through the club's glass ceiling followed by lighting.

"Are you ready!?" I yelled while feeling the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

Goldilocks screamed,"I'm ready to kill you!"

This is gonna be one hell of a party, "then lets rock, baby!"

To be continued In "Lets Rock, Baby! Male (Dante) Reader X Yang Xiao Long - Part I"