Chapter 7

Goshi's POV

"Tch, forget it. I'm going home."
"Are you sure about that?" Kento asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Yeah, I've had enough of this."
"Okay, well, see you later."

He left first, leaving me alone in the deserted park. The sun had set, showing the millions of stars in the sky. Of course, I wanted to go home but I just couldn't bring myself to. What would I say to (Y/n)?

It was obvious that she was going to find out everything from Ryuji and Tomohisa. After all, everyone made mistakes.

Watching Yuuta and Yumiko for the whole day with Kento was tiring. I knew it was bad of us to spy on a friend but we just had to do it, I guess. I couldn't trust her.

Surprisingly, I didn't get any texts or calls from (Y/n). She must be annoyed. Hmph, so typical of her. Well, I couldn't exactly blame her. Kento and I hid our secrets from her, along with Yuuta.

*sigh* I should just go home. There was no reason for me to stay here watching Yuuta and Yumiko any longer. Their stupid puppy love was getting on my nerves.

As I headed down the almost empty streets, a loud thump from one of the nearby alleyways caught my attention. A scream that was soon muffled made me turn and run towards it.

That definitely sounded like Tsubasa. And it was. Geez, since when did she walk around alone at night? Couldn't she tell that it was dangerous?

After scaring off her kidnappers, I helped her up. She immediately bowed and thanked me with a slight tremble in her voice. Tch, what a scaredy-cat.

"Are you going home now? I'll walk you back."
"Eh? That's okay, I can-"
"Are you trying to make me repeat what I just said?"
"What? No, that wasn't..."

Whatever, it wasn't like she had done it intentionally. I looked back at her with a raised eyebrow. She met my gaze and caught up to me after smiling.

"Hey, you don't mind if we stop by a few places, right? I have to buy some things for tomorrow," she exclaimed.
"*sigh* Make it quick, got that? I don't like wasting my time."
"Okay, thank you."

As we went inside the supermarket, I couldn't help but somewhat regret offering to take her home. It'd just cause confusion. I...didn't want people to think that we were together...

Tch, that was stupid. Why the hell would I be bothered by something like that? She was just someone that worked as B Project's A&R.

I heard a low growling sound. What was that?

"Did you hear that? Sounded like a storm."
"*blushes* O-oi, don't make fun of me!"
"Huh? Was that you? What? You hungry?"
"Y-yeah..."

Geez, she sure was hopeless. Why couldn't I just have left her alone?

(Y/n)'s POV

"What? Goshi's not back yet?" Kento asked.
"No, I thought he was with you."
"He was but we left separately."

Tomohisa had invited everyone over for dinner. The only two that had not arrived were Yuuta and Goshi. Of course, everyone knew about Yuuta. But where the hell was Goshi?

"Maybe he'll come by later," Mikado exclaimed but he sounded unsure.
"You're probably right."
"Let's eat then," said Hikaru.

I could only nod as a reply. Part of me thought that they were both avoiding me. Of course, that was kinda silly. I mean, what reason could they possibly have to avoid me for the whole day?

*sigh* Yuuta, at least, had a plausible excuse. He was most likely going to make something up. After all, he never did end up telling me about his date with Yumiko.

As for Goshi, I honestly didn't know what to expect from him. He could've just returned to his apartment after deciding that it wasn't worth his time to come. But then again, he would've come. I've known him for a long time.

"Oi, what are you thinking about? If you're not going to eat, I'll eat it for you," Kento joked.
"Pfft, yeah right. You're probably still worried about your diet and appearance."

He simply flashed me a charming smile to which I just rolled my eyes.

~Some time later~

We were sitting in the lounge room, chatting to each other. Most of it was just small talk. I could tell that they were worried about Goshi and Yuuta but no one bothered to mention them.

Soon, the door opened and Goshi and Tsubasa walked in. She had his jacket over her shoulders and a small blush on her cheeks.

Unexpectedly, my heart felt like it was being ripped into a thousand pieces. Was I...jealous? N-no, that can't be. His relationship with other girls shouldn't matter to me.

"Where were you?" Kazuna asked, breaking the silence.
"We just went to the supermarket to buy a few things before eating somewhere. What? Got a problem with that?" he asked no one in particular.
"Goshi-"
"I'm going back."

He left without another word. This time, I was sure of it. I was jealous. He cut me off, which he hasn't done before...in a tone like that. It seemed distant and cold, as if we were strangers.

I glanced at Tsubasa and noticed that she had gripped tightly onto his jacket, the jacket that he had once given me. I could feel my blood boiling.

I knew I was probably misunderstanding something but I couldn't help it. Did Goshi leave Kento just to take Tsubasa out on a 'date'? Just like my brother did with Yumiko?

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Ryuji asked with the slightest hint of concern.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

But they knew. It was pretty obvious from the very beginning. Tch...I hated this. Tsubasa put a hand on my arm, making me look up.

"You look pale," she exclaimed worriedly.
"*fakes smile* I'm fine. Why don't you chat with everyone else for a while longer? I'm heading back home."
"(Y/n)-"

I was already out the door.