Chapter 23

(Y/n)'s POV

I waited by the back door of the company. The note didn't exactly specify where to meet so I had assumed that it would be somewhere a little more secluded.

Five minutes went by. Ugh, was this just a prank? It was getting chilly outside and I didn't bring an outer with me. What luck I had...

"Sorry, I was caught up in something," Goshi exclaimed while sitting down on the bench.
"Wait, you were the one that gave me the note?"
"Yeah, why? Were you expecting someone else?"
"Sorta..."

His eyes never left my face so I turned to look at the sky. It was somewhat intimidating when he looked at me like that. I never knew what he was thinking.

Unexpectedly, something warm covered my shoulders and fell over my head. Goshi had given me his jacket, which made heat rush up to my cheeks against my will.

I looked at him in confusion. He just turned away so that I couldn't make out the expression on his face. Without thinking, I pouted and pulled the jacket closer.

"You know what you're doing isn't fair."
"What do you mean?" he asked.
"You left me for Tsubasa so why are you acting like nothing happened now? Why...now?"
"*sigh* I guess I won't be able to hide it from you any longer."
"Hmph, took you long enough to realise."

He suddenly stood up and pulled me to the garden, where we were hidden by the large trees. I could only stare at him in surprise as he pinned me against a nearby tree.

"G-Goshi, what-"

He buried his face in my neck. I could feel his warm tears on my skin as he leaned against my body. I hesitantly pulled him into a hug while stroking his hair.

"I was wrong," he said quietly.
"Wrong?"
"I was so jealous..."
"Jealous? What could you possibly be jealous of?"

I tried to make my voice sound light and teasing but it just came out as more of a quiet whisper.

"You seemed so close with everyone else. I was jealous...I didn't think you actually returned my feelings. I felt like I didn't deserve you...that you were better off with Kento-"
"Are you an idiot? I've never even thought of Kento like that. You were the only one I liked till you announced that you loved Tsubasa."
"I'm sorry, I was just..."
"I know. But how would you explain how you treated me? It was so...you were so cold. I really thought that you hated me."
"Damn it, don't remind me of that. I regretted every second of it. I tried to stop myself but it just...happened. I guess I was just angry that you were so close to Kento."
"So does that mean you don't love Tsubasa?"

His piercing gaze sent shivers down my spine. *gulp* W-why was he staring at me like that? His lips were on mine before I could even process what was happening.

He leaned in, deepening the kiss while all I could do was stand in shock. His hands moved to cup my face before pulling away.

The blush on my cheeks was probably as red as a tomato. Damn...I hoped that he couldn't hear the intense beating of my heart. Why was he doing this to me?

"*blush* I don't love Tsubasa. (Y/n), I l-love you," he exclaimed while looking away shyly.
"*smirks* What was that? I couldn't hear you."
"Y-you heard me clearly!"
"Huh? What did you say?"
"I-I love you, damn it!"

I smiled happily and jumped on him, forcing him to wrap his arms around my waist. He looked at me in surprise before a smile appeared on his face.

"But you should do something about Tsubasa, don't you think? It was pretty mean of you to pretend to love her."
"Yeah, I know..."
"Wow, so you actually did have the courage," Kento commented, appearing out of nowhere.
"Kento, you scared me!"
"Literally, I could feel her jump out of her skin," Goshi said with a smirk.
"Hey!"
"Anyway, I'm glad he finally took the time to explain his feelings."
"Wait, was that why you wanted me to go out today?"

Kento simply smiled as if that would explain everything.

"So? Are you two heading back?" he asked.
"Yeah, I guess."
"I'm going to talk to Tsubasa," Goshi exclaimed before leaving the two of us alone.

~Afternoon~

I had gone back home to write the article. Being unemployed only gave Yumiko more of a reason to force me to write it.

If I really did try hard enough, it wouldn't take more than a whole day but the notes she took were very vague and amateurish. How did she expect me write something with a few simple dot points?

*sigh* I still haven't heard from Goshi yet. Kento did call me a few times to let me know about his schedule but that was about it.

The slow tick-tock of the clock drilled itself into my mind. This was probably the most boring afternoon I have ever had. There was seriously nothing worse than having writer's block.

Why couldn't someone at least be here to keep me company? I looked through Yumiko's notes one more time to see if I missed anything but that was doubtful.

This article was supposed to be based off B Project's new CD. It didn't say anything else on the sheet she gave me. And obviously the only notes she had were the dates the recording of their songs were on.

Maybe I should ask Kento about this. He'd have more information than just the recording times.

A sudden knock on the door made me lose focus. I wasn't expecting anyone to come over now. Was the recording today already finished? That was...quick.

I opened the door only to find Yuuta on the other side. He forced a smile before collapsing in front of me.

"Yuuta!"