Chapter 22

Goshi's POV

In the end, I couldn't tell her...I couldn't tell her anything. Damn it, why was I so pathetic? My tears had already dried up, leaving an uncomfortable feeling.

I wonder if (Y/n) was okay. What was I saying? Of course she wouldn't be. After all I've put her through, it would've been impossible for her to be alright.

What was I so afraid of? Being rejected by the world? Damn...this didn't feel good. I was such a terrible coward who couldn't even tell his feelings apart from mere delusions.

The sudden ringing of my phone startled me and almost made me jump. *sigh* Who would call me this late at night?...

"Hello?"
"Goshi, it's me."
"Oh, hey Tsubasa."
"What's wrong? You sound depressed."
"Hmm? What? I'm fine, don't worry about it."
"If you're okay with it, can you come over to my place? I made dinner."
"Sorry but I already ate."
"Oh, I see..."
"Well, see you tomorrow I guess."
"Bye."

Now that I've thought about it, I've actually treated both Tsubasa and (Y/n) pretty unfairly. I should probably stop acting like a jerk...

(Y/n)'s POV

"Thanks for making this."
"It's fine. I don't mind cooking," Mikado replied.
"Hey (Y/n)."

I turned to Kento but he kept his eyes cast downward at the food in front of him. He didn't speak for a while so I just sat down and waited patiently.

"I'm sorry," he said.
"Huh? What for?"
"I'm sorry I didn't contact you before the concert. We were just so busy- no, I probably shouldn't make any excuses."
"What the hell are you talking about? It wasn't your fault. Tsubasa did take our phones away at one point," Ryuji cut in.
"Oh..."

I didn't know what to say. Here, I had been blaming others for my misfortunes without even thinking about what they had to go through. I was too selfish and ignorant...

"Alright, that's enough of this gloomy stuff. Let's eat," exclaimed Mikado.

We all cracked a smile, knowing that he was right.

~The next day~

"Come on, stop being such a couch potato!" Kento complained as he continued to drag me to the front door.
"Stop! Kento! I want to stay home! There is no way I am going to face them!"
"Guys, help me with this!"

The other three just stood there looking at us as if we were children. Unexpectedly, Kento's grip on my arm loosened. I hesitantly stood up straight and let go of the door.

That was when he suddenly pulled me outside. By the time I had realised what had happened, it was already too late.

"Come on, it won't be that bad. I'll be there," he exclaimed as if that would solve the problem.
"Tch, 'it won't be that bad'? In your dreams."
"Why do you even want to stay home anyway?"
"Yeah, why do you?" Tatsuhiro asked.
"I'm curious too," Mikado added.
"Do I really need to answer that question? Who wouldn't want to stay home if their enemy was right outside ready to shoot them?"

I heard Kento sigh heavily. I elbowed him in the ribcage and locked the door before reluctantly going to the elevator.

~Some time later~

Apparently they were recording songs for their new CD. Why did Kento make me come? It seemed a little suspicious now that I gave it some thought. There was no benefit for either of us.

Yumiko stood by my side, taking notes for the article she would force me to write later. I wanted to go out but from the look of things, that was probably impossible.

I looked up and met Goshi's gaze. He continued to stare at me until Tsubasa caught his attention. What was that? For once ever since he started dating her, he didn't seem to stare at me with cold eyes.

"What are you even doing here?" Yumiko asked.
"It's not like I want to be here. I was forced to come along."
"Yeah right, don't give me that. You're looking for some way to break us apart, aren't you?"
"Why do you always think of me like that? You're the one that's the backstabbing witch."
"Watch what you say, (Y/n). If you don't, I can't guarantee that I won't break the relationship between you and your brother...completely."

I managed to hold in my anger. Why did she always act like that? Damn it, if only I wasn't born as Yuuta's sister...

I was about to leave until someone passed a note into my hand from behind. But by the time I turned around, no one was there. That was strange.

I opened the small note and looked at it in confusion. 'Meet me outside in 10 minutes'. That was the only thing it said. Who would want to meet me outside privately?

"What's that?"

Before Yumiko could snatch it off my hand, I shoved it into my pocket and took a few steps away. She glared daggers at me, angered by what I had just done.

"Why won't you show me? Wait, is it a secret note from someone? Are you both badmouthing me? Is that why you're not showing me?"
"What? No-"
"I'm right, aren't I?!"

She walked towards me, anger and frustration written clearly on her face. I backed up till the wall came in contact with my clothes. What now? I couldn't push her. She'd tell Yuuta for sure.

"Show it to me," she commanded.
"No."
"If not, then I'll-"
"Yumiko, that's where you were. I wanted to ask if you had some free time," Yuuta exclaimed.

We both froze, but for completely different reasons.

"Huh? What's wrong?" he asked while tilting his head to the side.
"Hmm? Oh, um (Y/n) just had something on her face," Yumiko said while avoiding his gaze.
"Let's go then."

I sighed in relief when the two left, leaving me in the room. The others had all gone off somewhere. Only the staff were left in the room.

Oh right, the note. I quickly went outside, hoping that I went unnoticed.