Chapter 27

(Y/n)'s POV

Goshi had taken me home after the police were finished with their questioning. Yuuta called a few times to ask if I was okay. It was tiring to reassure him every single time he had asked.

"You're completely defenceless and weak," Goshi suddenly exclaimed.
"Um...?"
"That's why I'm staying here for the night."
"You know...my apartment is safe, right? You can head home."
"Too late. I already told the others and I've made myself at home."

He had headed into my room and plopped onto my bed without a second thought. His jacket was casually hanging on my chair.

*sigh* Was this seriously how he behaved with Yuuta and Kento? I folded his jacket before putting it on the table.

"Oh and you don't have to worry about me. I already had a shower," he said while closing his eyes.
"Oi, that's my bed you're sleeping on."
"Just sleep on the couch or something."
"Goshi-"

He pulled me down next to him and hugged me like I was his personal pillow. The beating of my heart became faster and faster. I hoped that he couldn't hear it.

"Goshi."
"I'm tired. Let me sleep," he said quietly.

I could only sigh and do as I was told. I was pretty sure he would make up some lame excuse to stay like this if I argued and refused.

~The next day~

A blush immediately formed on my cheeks as I opened my eyes. Goshi was still asleep but his face was almost touching mine.

His arms were still around me so it would probably be hard for me to get up. Now that I actually look at him like this, he seemed almost gentle in a way. Heh, why couldn't he be like this when he was awake too?

I carefully lifted his arm up, not wanting to wake him up or stay here any longer. But he suddenly held me closer to his body. I could only freeze in response to his actions.

"Hmph, did you think I was asleep this whole time?" he asked, smirking.
"W-what? You mean you were awake?!"
"Yeah, you were staring at my face, right? Ha, I must be super good-looking."
"Tch."
"Stay here a little longer. I don't want to go to work today..."
"Well, suck it up. I'm going."

He refused to let me go and pulled me in closer. I blushed the darkest shade of red when he kissed me. It was rough, as if he was telling me that he was annoyed.

He deepened the kiss, indirectly forcing me to kiss back. I immediately hid my face in his chest when he pulled away and smirked.

"Goshi, you're such a jerk."
"I'll take that as a compliment."
"...idiot."

~Some time later~

I had to literally drag Goshi to work. We had barely made it in time. One more second and we would've been late. Then Yashamaru's non-stop scolding would start and never end.

"Thank god, we made it in time."
"Thanks to me," Goshi exclaimed.
"Actually, you just slowed us down."
"Whatever."

We headed to the elevator and up a few floors. As soon as we arrived, Kento came up to me with a large, knowing smirk on his face. Oh great...

"So, what did you two do last night?" he asked.
"Nothing."
"Come on, you two must've done something. Tell me, I'll keep it a secret."
"Kento, you're making it sound like we did something bad!"
"Exactly."

I pouted and pushed past him. Someone grabbed onto my arm, making me turn around. I came face to face with Yuuta and just stared at him.

He had a concerned frown on his face. Wait, don't tell me he was still worried about that incident?

"(Y/n), you're okay, right? You're not hurt anywhere, right?" he asked worriedly.
"Yuuta."
"Yeah?"
"I've told you before and I'll tell you again. I am perfectly fine."
"But your face is all red."
"That's because of Kento. Blame him if I get sick."

As we all sat down at the table, I felt a sudden chill go down my spine. What was this strange feeling? Everyone turned to look at who had just come in.

*gulp* I looked behind and saw Yumiko. She had her head down, averting her gaze. What was she doing here? I didn't want to see her again...

"What the hell are you doing here? Did the police not just let you go? Are you here to cause trouble again?" Goshi asked, almost growling.
"Calm down. I gave her permission to come. She has something to say to (Y/n)," exclaimed Yashamaru.
"I'm terribly sorry for all the trouble that I've caused. Um, my father and I are moving to America so hopefully you can um move on. A-anyway, I'm sorry," she said while bowing deeply.

I could tell. Going to the police hasn't done anything. She didn't learn her lesson. She was faking her apology, most likely because her father asked her to. She was forced against her will.

"Is that all?"
"Huh? Oh, yeah..." she replied quietly.
"Okay. Just don't approach me again."
"Do you...forgive me?"
"...no, I can't forgive you that easily."
"Oh, I see."
"But that doesn't mean that I can't learn to forgive."

She bowed again before rushing out. I turned around and saw Goshi glaring daggers at where she had been standing. Wow, geez. She must've really wanted to make some rude remark but held back because of him.

"(Y/n)?"
"Yeah?"
"From now on, I'm gonna be choosing who you're friends with," Yashamaru exclaimed with a smile.
"What?! No way."
"Haha, I'm just kidding...for now."

I pouted before looking down at the document in front of me. Geez, why was everyone teasing me so much today? Did I do something to deserve it?...