40 : Kagandahan

Kagandahan

Dinner was served. Lahat kami ay nakaupo na sa lamesa. Tito was sitted on the master's seat. Si tita naman ay umupo sa tabi niya. And for the first time after the longest time, it felt so awkward.

But hell, Raven seems so relaxed on his seat. Not minding that I am uncomfortable. While looking at how tito looks at us, kulang na lang ay magsalita na siya para mapaghinayaan na ako ng loob.

" Kumusta ka na Jord?" Binasag ni tita ang katahimikan ng tanungin niya ako.

" I'm okay naman po tita." Wika ko sabay baling kay Raven na ngayon ay mas ginaganahan pang kumain.

" My son seems so much different now compared to last time. And I won't think twice of saying this to you infront of the family. Jord, you know that I have loved you and wanted you for my son despite the fact that you almost don't want to agree with our family's decision. And I'm sorry because you are both trapped in a situation where love is not the basis of marriage. We hold the name in which we marry not because of love but because of power. But who am I kidding now, by the looks of my son's eyes, he purely is inlove with you Jord. I am a mother, and all I wanted is the best for my son too. At sana patawarin mo kami ng tito mo kung maspinili naming itigil ang kasal ninyo because we lost hope Jord, the company needs a greater company to catch our fall. And Denise's family made themselves available for us. Nagkataon lamang na pareho pala kayong Doktora. If only the accident didn't happen. We would have the engagement fixed. The family will surely be the talk of the society but that doesn't make us stop. We will pursue the engagement. All we want is for you to atleast voice out. My son here struggles so much to make us believe something we don't. It is because we needed proof. We parents want to see it in our own eyes." Sabay na nagtinginan ang mag-asawang Aldamante bago muling itinuon ang tingin sa akin.

Si tito naman ngayon ang nagsimulang magsalita. At sobra akong naiinis dahil parang walang pakialam si Raven. Tuloy tuloy lamang siyang kumakain na para bang walang seryosong usapang nagaganap.

" You see my son" Simula niya habang itinuon ang mga mata kay Raven.

" That's not how he eats the last time he came here with Denise. Kulang na lang, layasan niya kami. But seeing him now, is a totally different story. He enjoys dinner with us, because you are with us" Agad na naputol ang sasabihin sana ni tito ng sa wakas at magsalita si Raven.

" Chief, you want salad?" What the heck is this man upto?

He thinks this is not serious. He thinks I am not being serious.

" I-I'm full" Tipid kong sagot.

" Ohh you mean you want this steak instead, Chief" Umpisa pa niyang wika sa akin.

I looked at Mrs. Aldamante, smile was evident in her lips.

" Hey, Chief" Agad akong napabaling kay Raven at agad din niyang ipinasubo sa akin yung nasa kutsara niya.

Shit! Such annoying manners.

"Masarap ba?" The heck it is Raven.

" So, since you got back together and you seem happy with each other. It's just right to mend the bond then." Pasimula muli ni Mrs Aldamante.

" When's the wedding?" Takhang sasagot na sana ako ng pangunahan ako ni Raven.

" Oh right, that is the most exciting question you actually asked her mom. Ayaw niya akong pakasalan eh. Pero huwag kayong mag-alala, hindi ako magsasawang yayain siyang pakasalan ako" Untag niya sa kay tita habang nakatingin sa akin.