Chapter 20 - Touchdown Romania

The last two weeks couldn't have gone by so quickly. Everything had been a blur and the next thing I realize I'm standing at the check-in counter at LAX to board for my flight to London which will connect me to Bucharest. In fucking Romania. Sebastian's home country.

I shoot him a text after settling in my seat letting him know we're taking off in a few minutes and that I'll be in touch as soon as I touchdown in London. My hands were shaking as I did so, and though it won't probably be until the next day, I was already growing more and more nervous at the prospect of meeting Sebastian's mom. I tried to sleep it off, but I wasn't able to get any shut eye until after three hours after the flight had taken off.

I almost forgot to get my bag from the baggage carousel after my plane had landed. Good thing I only had a small carry on so I was able to sprint back to the baggage claim area and get my suitcase. I stop by the restroom to try and freshen up. I cringe inwardly when I saw how I looked in the mirror. Bags under my eyes, hair flying in different directions and skin so pale from exhaustion and hunger. This is so not how I should look for meeting my boyfriend's mother.

I splash a little bit of water to my face and put my hair up in a decent bun. Since I don't have phone service, I connect to the airport's Wifi service so I can send Josh a message via What'sApp that I've already arrived.

After about fifteen minutes, I spot Josh waving at me frantically at the arrival area. I speedwalk to him and he offers me a huge hug.

"Oh goodness me, Rae, look at you," he says as he spins me around for a once over look. "Shacking up with Sebastian has done some good on my favourite girl."

"Oh shush you," I respond, smacking his arm playfully. "You do realize I've been alone for the last month right? Speaking of my hot Romanian potato, where is he? Please tell me he's waiting in the car."

"I almost died laughing when I saw that clip. I already told him Buzzfeed should do a Thirst Tweets segment with him soon. He says he's gonna think about it. Oh, and yes, he's in the car waiting for you, the dumbass wanted to come with but I told him he's gonna draw attention, especially with how huge he is here. I didn't need to remind him what happened when you both were last spotted at an airport."

"Josh, you spoil me so much," came my reply as I gave him a hug. "Let's go before I try to speak really bad Romanian and embarrass myself."

Josh chuckled and pulled on my luggage. "Alright, come along then."

We walked in comfortable silence for a few minutes. My mind then started drifting to the as-yet to be determined meeting with Sebastian's mom and the thought made me nervous all over again. I pull on my jacket a little tighter and Josh must have noticed my change in demeanor because he stopped walking and looked at me curiously.

"You okay?" he asked.

The bubble growing inside me made my throat constrict which made take a big gulp. I tried to steady my breathing to relax my nerves.

"He wants me to meet his mom, Josh," I finally say quietly, my voice sounding foreign to my own ears. Josh's eyes widened considerably after I spoke.

"Really?" he said in amazement. "That's uh, that's fucking huge, Rae."

"I know! I...we've only been together for a few months—"

"No, no, no Rae, it's not that. You see, you're the first girlfriend he's ever asked to meet Georgeta."

I suddenly felt like I got dumped with ten gallons of ice cold water as I started to feel numb with surprise all over. I bury my face in my hand as I muttered 'oh my god' over and over.

Beyond the Black Curtainजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें