Chapter 42 - Call Me Old-Fashioned

A/N: I've only noticed now, but I did a bit of time jumping with this and my other story. Hope it isn't too bad.

***

Rae

I heard the faint sounds of conversation from where I can only assume was the kitchen. I kept my eyes closed though and continued on to sleep, hoping I'd catch a few more hours of shut eye.

It had been three days since Sebastian left and her mother, Georgeta came up to stay with me to look after me while I regained my strength. I honestly felt bad that she had to come up at such short notice, knowing she already has her hands full with Sebastian's stepfather. I don't think I've said all the words of thanks and appreciation enough for her being here.

I think I woke up after another hour, and I find Georgeta sitting beside the bed, reading a book. She tilts her glasses down and regards me with a smile.

"Good afternoon Rae, hope you don't mind me staying here while you rest," she says as she puts down the book she was reading on the bedside table. She takes my hand in hers and massages it gently. "Do you want something to eat, dragă?"

I shake my head and pull myself up to a sitting position. I pull my legs to my chest and look a little unsurely at my boyfriend's mother. "You're um, you're taking this whole thing very well," I tell her, it's best I do so now, when I'm feeling a little confident. It's now or never, but whatever Georgeta tells me, I'm keeping this baby no matter what.

"What thing?" she asks me and I detect a tinge of amusement in her voice.

"You're seriously not mad at me for accidentally getting pregnant?!"

She chuckles good naturedly. "Fată proastă. (silly girl) First of all, there is no such thing as an accidental pregnancy, I truly believe that from the bottom of my heart. A child is brought into this world as part of a grand design. Everything happens for a reason, my dear; and your child has come to you and my son in the right time."

I gape at her.

"And how could I be mad at such a blessing? Ever since he turned 30, even as he hasn't said anything, Sebastian has desperately wanted to have a family of his own. The feeling only intensified when his co-stars started getting married and having children of their own. I'm sure you've seen him interact with kids."

I remember his reaction to Chris Hemsworth's children. There was a different joy in his eyes even if he was only looking at their pictures and videos. I knew that look. It was a look of adoration quite similar to my father's. I could only nod in affirmation.

"And my darling girl, I'm getting old, you don't know how ecstatic I was to find I was going to be a grandmother! Finally!"

"Really?" I ask in disbelief.

"You best believe it. Keep it out of your head that this baby is somehow not supposed to be given to you now. You and my son may not feel like it, but you both are ready to become the best parents to this child. You'll know once you look into the eyes of that baby."

"How are you?" Sebastian asked me in between yawns. He texted he had a little time before I head to bed and so here we are. "I can't stop thinking about you, you know?"

"So that's why I can't sleep!" I whisper-yell to him playfully while pointing an accusatory finger at him. He laughs so hard, he's got tears in his eyes. I smile upon seeing his eyes crinkle with mirth.

"God, you silly girl," he finally says after his laughter dies down. "No, but seriously, you're feeling much better now, right? Mom said you slept through the afternoon."