Chapter 37 - Happy Birthday

A/N: Since this is closer to Sebastian's RL events, I wrote in a birthday chapter. Apologies as well if this one came a little late too. As I mentioned in my other story, I'm in a little bit of a writer's block lately. Still appreciate you reading and voting and adding this to your lists though. 

***

"So, old man," Chris plops on to the empty space beside me, handing me a can of beer as he did so. I give him a look and he bellows out a laugh, complete with the left boob grab. My left boob.

"You're one to talk, Christopher," I respond before taking a long swig. "What was it you wanted to say anyway?"

"Nah, nah," he says while wiping the tears of laughter from his eyes. "But you're right, you're right, we are getting old. But at least one of us ain't single anymore."

"Hear, hear," I say and we toss our cans together. "This has been a crazy year, bro. sometimes I pinch myself to remind me that this is what's become of my life."

"You are one lucky bastard, that's for sure. Don't you ever forget that. So," Chris leans back and puts his feet up the coffee table. "Anything planned for tomorrow?"

I sighed and mimicked his actions. Tomorrow was going to be my 36th birthday. It was going to be bittersweet, knowing it's the first one I'll be celebrating with Rae but that I'd be heading out for a long ass trip two days after. I was somewhat feeling better after we hashed things out last night, but it still sucks to know that I'd be leaving for an extended period of time.

"To be honest, I just want me and Rae to stay in the entire day. In bed. Alone, maybe?" I wiggle an eyebrow at Chris and he responds by smacking me with a throw pillow.

"What?!" I ask innocently. "Can't blame a man for trying?"

***

Someone killed me last night. I died and now I'm in heaven. I must be. I should be.

"Happy birthday, baby."

Rae was straddling me carefully, in her hand a blue frosted cupcake with a candle on top as the words left her lips. She was smiling softly at me as I came to, moving backwards as she held out a hand to help me sit up. I rub the sleep off my eyes and find she was still beaming at me, but this time tears were forming in the corners of her eyes.

"Make a wish," she says and extends the cupcake closer to me. I close my eyes and say a prayer of thanks for another year of blessings, of which the best one was sitting right in front of me. I then open my eyes and blow the candle gently.

"What did you wish for?" Rae inquires, setting the cupcake on the bedside table. I took her hands and intertwine them with mine.

"Nothing," I say honestly. "I got everything I wanted and more this year. And even better, I got you. How else could I possibly want more?"

"Oh Seb..."

I lean forward and capture her gaping lips with mine. God, I couldn't love this woman more even if I tried.

And as I made love to her that morning, I promised myself the first thing I'd do when I get back is to ask her to spend eternity with me.

"Rae, baby, what the hell is going on?" I ask rather annoyingly when she put a blindfold over my eyes as soon as I got in the car.

"Sssshhh, shut up and just go with it, okay?" Rae responds sullenly but I can hear the nervousness in her voice.

I got part of what I wanted today, Rae had taken the day off work and Chris made sure we were alone. We stayed in bed all day, eating cupcakes and all the junk food I had starved myself of since before filming I, Tonya and Infinity War. We ordered all sorts of take out and ate them all in between fucking her in every corner of our bedroom, bathroom included. It was a glorious day, to say the least, until she began pulling me out of bed at around six in the evening.