Chapter 41 - Separation Anxiety, Pregnancy Edition

A/N: Again, my sincerest apologies for turning one up after so long. No excuses whatsoever but I'm going to do my best moving forward in as far as updating is concerned. As always, even if you don't comment or vote, I really, truly appreciate you reading this and my other stories.

***

Sebastian

By the fourth day, Dr. Sanders had given us the all clear for Rae to go home. Man was that sooo much of a relief. I knew I only had a few days left but I plan to make the most of it before I go back on set.

"Careful, here take my hand," I offer as I help Rae out of the SUV. Leslie, my manager had lent me her black Cayenne Hybrid, insisting that it had much more space than my car. That, and my car was actually down for its regular check up and maintenance so I really didn't have much choice.

"I got your stuff, I'll take it inside," Chris called out from the other side as Rae finally stepped out and held on to me as we made our way to the elevators. "I told you we should've taken one of the wheelchairs," I told Rae while we walked. She was looking much better than a few days ago. Some color has returned to her cheeks and thank God her appetite's slowly getting better as well. She admitted to still feeling a little weak, but thankfully the morning sickness has slowed down. Dr. Sanders has mentioned it should stop in about a week or so and that given the medication she was on, it wouldn't be as bad as she had first started having them. Still, I can't help but worry, especially with the fact that I'll be gone again in a few more days.

I internally groaned at remembering I'd be leaving so soon again. I never wanted to finish filming so badly as I have before. Now that my partner is pregnant, I need to make it a point to be by her side as much as I possibly can. They say that the first three months of pregnancy are the trickiest and I couldn't bear the thought of Rae all by herself throughout that period of time.

"What's the wheelchair for when I got the Winter Soldier and Captain America at my beck and call?" Rae sassed and I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head at her. Thank goodness she didn't lose her sense of humor after all the shit she went through.

"What's that?" Chris caught up with us, bags slung on both his left and right shoulders. "Something about being at someone's beck and call? Seb, I did not sign up to be your wi-I mean, baby mama's flunky."

We finally reach the elevators and I punch the number to our floor. Rae wraps her arms around me and I put my arm over her shoulder as I kiss her forehead. Chris pretends to make a gagging sound.

"Ugh, this is like Shanna all over again," he groaned while shifting the bags he was carrying. "No offense and I do love my nephews and nieces dearly, but this is my least favorite part of pregnancy."

"Which is?" I ask.

"Careful what you say next, Evans. I may not be at full strength yet, but you know I can still kick your ass," Rae says with a raised eyebrow, causing Chris to slightly flinch and raise his hands in mock surrender.

"Jeez, woman, does your spunk never take a break?"

I get Rae settled in our room after we arrive. She still felt a little tired and had wanted to take a nap. After making sure she was fast asleep, I tiptoed out to meet Chris who was flipping channels absentmindedly in our living room.

"She good?" Chris asked once I sat beside him.

"Yeah, yeah, I told her she could sleep for as long as she wants, but knowing her, she'll probably be up after just a couple of hours," I say as lean forward, resting my elbows over my knees. "Chris, I have to ask to marry her as soon as possible. Now that she's pregnant, I can't wait another few months."