19

"Mom, I don't feel so good." The small boy with brown hair let himself fall into his mothers arms.

"What is it sweetie?" His mother answered.

The boys eyes were changing color. Sometimes they were olive sometimes red. The doctors had said that they've seen nothing like this. But they had a hypothesis about the child being an Assassin.

"No." The mother said. "That can't be it."

His mother was just an ordinary Knight, who fell in love with Royalty.

She lost her position when they found out about the affairs they were having. The Prince had fallen in despair and became ill. When he died the woman had found out that she was pregnant.

Scared of what they'll do to her unborn child she ran away to the 3rd city of the great empire and lived her life further.

The child couldn't be Royalty. She wasn't one so it was impossible. The only thing he could be was a Knight. But the one thing she didn't expect was an Assassin.

Now 8 years later her child began showing symptoms. Switching personalities all that kind of stuff.

Afraid of what her child would become she fled to a house far away from her town.

One day her son didn't came back home and fear overcame her. She searched the whole night for him, scared of what might have happened.

She didnt want her son to murder people. She didnt wished that for him at all.

When she came home again the child was sitting in front of the door. Without hesitation she ran towards him and threw her arms around his small body.

"Where have you been? I've been worried sick!"

The boy didn't speak but just looked up. In all 8 years that he has lived he had only seen his eyes as olive, but now they were showing a crimson red.

"Mom, I'm scared." He muttered.

"What is happening to me."

Because of the sad expression on his face was the mother almost crying.

She wanted to say it was gonna be ok. But she knew it wouldn't. Slowly but effectively he was turning into an Assassin.

His appearance would change, his personality and he would most likely be sentenced to his death if they would found out.

She just hugged him.

"Are we going to the market?" He said. The now 12 year old boy asked.

His hair had now completely gone from brown to black.

"Do you feel ill?" She asked.

The boy shook his head.

"Ok, but if you do something weird were going home immediately."

The boy nodded happily.

The market was a small hour of walking and busy as ever.

Everywhere you looked was food. People were chatting happily and children were running.

"Mom, I actually have to go to the toilet." He said.

His mom nodded and pointed at a small alley.

"Just do it in there. I'll wait here around the corner. If you're longer than 5 minutes gone I'm going to get you."

The son nodded.

He didn't had to pee. His nose was itching and he had a gut that something was happening at the end of this alley. Slowly he walked towards the ending point. He smelled a scent he haven't smelled in a long time. The scent of blood.

It's iron like smell was itching in his nose with every step he took.

At the end of the alley there was another corner.

He carefully looked around it. His eyes widened.

Before him he saw a woman getting stabbed multiply times. The woman wasn't even hesitating, just silently crying.

He looked to the murderer and stared at his brown hair. He looked like someone around his age.

The boy stopped stabbing the woman and turned around. His eyes were piercing into the other boy's.

"Come out I now you're there." He said.

The boy hesitated but stepped forward.

They both had crimson red eyes and the eyecontact was quick but fierce.

"You're not from around here are you? I haven't seen you before."

He quickly got his knife out of the womans leg and stabbed it right through her heart. Her body instinctively shuddered before it wasn't moving anymore.

The boy was a little bit smaller than the black haired one.

"The name's Kazuichi. You're eyes have the same color as me. I can feel a familiar aura coming from you."

He held his hand out to be shake and the other boy accepted.

"Hinata."

As they shook hands Kazuichi's eyes were slowly changing colors. From red to pink.

"Say Kazuichi. Why did you murder that woman."

Kazuichi sighed and took his hand back to put it in his hair. His face was a bit bloody.

"An instinct."

"Instinct?"

For a reason Hinata wasn't extremely scared by him. He felt familiar.

"Yes, I'm a Killer."

Hinata's heart stopped for a second.

"A, a Killer?"

Kazuichi nodded and turned to face the dead body.

"You have probably been told about how this world works right? Now, as a Killer you live underneath this world. The people are scared of you the most. We get something like an Instinct to kill someone. I still haven't figured it out that much but these are the basic things."

Hinata was speechless. A Killer?

"So, a-am I like you?"

Kazuichi shrugged his shoulders. "Dunno man. You do have the same aura as me and the eyes. You probably are. But I can sense that you haven't got bloody hands before."

Hinata slowly nodded.

"But you look interesting. What about we get a deal. You help me make the body disappear and I'll help you figure out what that aura tells about you."

Hinata looked at the body and back at Kazuichi. He nodded.

"Who is that even?" He asked.

Kazuichi snickered and just told him casually. "My mother."

Hinata's heart stopped for a moment.

"Mo-th-"

"Yes mother. Now help me dispose this or else I could be killed by some Knight who walk around here."

They quickly got to the body and kazuichi grabbed a lighter from his pocket.

"You're gonna burn the body?" Hinata asked.

Kazuichi nodded. "Yes. The thing you have to do is mutter these words."

He whispered a few words and Hinata's eyes widened. He nodded.

As Kazuichi let the flame touch the body of his dead mother, Hinata muttered these words (begone, thot) pulvis et umbra sumus. As the body disappeared into dust.