I'm Pretty Sure the World is Ending

Vio:

It seemed like it was going to storm. It had looked like it was going to storm for awhile, but you know it truly was because the beginning of a book is supposed to start with something that will grab the readers attention and nothing like a high schooler thinking this was the apocalypse works better.

The sky was full of clouds a dark grey, and the wind blowed like it had every intention of destroying anything it could, and it was cold, the type of wind that would blow straight through your clothes and into your very core.

A couple girls in dresses were struggling, a friend's jacket was blown away, and I was pretty sure that was a tree that just lifted off the ground, roots tearing through the earth.

I couldn't really read in this weather anyway, it was very frustrating, I ended up ripping several pages.

"What are you reading?"

I closed the book and looked up at the owner of the voice who asked the question.

A boy my age with purple hair and a black t-shirt. He was pale, he had blue eyes, seemed kind of intimidating. He also wasn't wearing a jacket, something that seemed incredibly stupid.

"Hello," I greeted, not sure how to respond.

"Hi. I'm Shadow. What are you reading?"

"I'm Vio. It's just To Kill A Mockingbird."

"Cool. What's it about?"

"We are in the same class for ELA, this book was assigned," I stated.

"Yes."

I snorted while a trio of girls walked by, the tallest one waving to me.

"Hi, Zelda," I greeted. She was a friend of mine and my brothers and had been for a long time.

Her friend, Elne, spoke up. "Hey, Zelda, are we still going?"

The last one remained silent.

Zelda was like a mannequin in appearance, with hair that looked like threads of sunlight attached to her scalp and a gorgeous pink sundress with white leggings underneath. She wore brown boots that went up to her ankles and she wore mascara, making her eyelashes seem even longer than they already were and attracting attention to her blue eyes. Elegant and beautiful, but also slightly...intimidating. She wasn't someone to be trifled with, that I knew. Her round face always seemed to hold a small, soft smile.

If she was a mannequin, Elne was a doll. She wore a white skirt down to her knees and a red halter top. Her strawberry blonde hair was curly, going down her shoulders. She looked similar to Zelda, but not much and her eyes were a vibrant green. She was playful, and innocent, and pure, and really she was fun to be around.

The last one. I didn't recognize her, but apparently Shadow did and her him.

She had blue-black hair and warm brown eyes that were large and seemed to stare into your soul. She wore rainbow stockings and a black jacket over her capris and cerulean tube top. Her face was heart shaped and her hair seemed to have a small streak of purple through a single lock. She grinned when she saw Shadow and hugged him. She was short and curvier, her features more mature just a bit, although from what I had seen, she was clumsy. I also knew she was either being quiet or she was making everyone around her hold their sides in pain from all the laughing she was doing. She was like a marionette, a puppet on strings with how beautiful she was, and her small body that could barely perform regular actions without her tripping and falling.