Meeting the Tall Children (AKA Blue and Red)

The next day was dreary, but less so. The weather was overcast and chilly, but winds were slower, it wasn't raining, although the streets were flooded.

Overall, it matched both of our main characters moods, Vio exhausted after studying all night and Shadow after staring at the ceiling all night, listening carefully to see if Mary was okay.

"So, my sister thinks we're best friends now, and she keeps asking about you and I know nothing about you, and you got me into this mess so...we're friends now," Shadow declared, sitting on top of Vio's desk in homeroom.

"That's one way to make a friend, I guess," Vio commented, once again closing the book he had in hand. "Why does she insist you be more social? If you don't mind me asking."

"Thinks I spend too much time worrying over her. Could be true, to be honest, but she's my little sister, I supposed to watch over her. I'm supposed to protect my sibling, protect my family, I can't not worry, ya know?"

"Yeah, my siblings can be...tiresome, but I'd probably wrestle a shark if it meant they're be safe," Vio said.

"'Wrestle a shark'?" Shadow quoted. "Why that specific scenario?"

"The author's tired, Shadow," Vio relied. "They're tired. Tired of life."

A voice similar to Vio's but less monotone, more joyful and higher pitched screamed, "SAVE THE WHALES!" as they ran into the room, being chased by a boy that looked almost identical to him.

The one screaming was also grinning, donning a red hoodie and jeans, with fluffy blonde hair. The boy chasing him had hair a shade darker, more straighter, and wore a blue t-shirt that read "fight me" in white letters.

"Reeed," groaned the blue clad one as the other hid behind the boy clothed in purple.

"Are you saving the whales yet?"

"These are my brothers," Vio stated. "Well, sort of. Red just lives with us."

"Great, for a minute I was concerned because I saw them making out in a corner on my way here."

"Yeah, don't worry about it," Vio said.

"SAAAAVE THE WHAAAALES!"

"What do you want me to do, Red? Just what?"

"Put on a cape, jump into the ocean, and wrestle with a shark," Shadow suggested. "The shark is probably messing with a whale, that's how you save the whales."

"You are no help, emo," Blue said.

Red laughed at the exchange.

"What is wrong with the author?" Shadow asked.

"They're tired, Shadow. Tired. They will make you tired, they will make you take a nap in the middle of a sentence, fear the author, fear them."

"Vio? Are you alright?" Red asked.

"No, something reminded me that Alex Jones thinks the frogs are being turned gay or something, and now I'm in a bad mood."

"What about turning frogs into grey, dumb kings?" Green asked, suddenly stepping into the room.

"HOW MANY OF YOU ARE THERE?!" Shadow shouted.

"No, Green, the frogs used to be grey, now they're rainbow colored, because they are a gay or something. According to Alex Jones, who's claim never stated that there was amphibian tops or bottoms or anything, the entire thing is baseless," Vio said.

"Why are we talking about it?" Blue asked.

"We just suggested you wrestle a shark underwater, Red won't stop screaming at you to save the whales, and my life is tied to an ancient, fragile mirror, how is this what you are focusing on?"

"What was that last bit?" Red asked innocently.

"Can we go back to hating Alex Jones for his homophobic, transphobic views, I liked that?" Shadow replied.

"As soon as Red shuts up."

"Save the whales!"

Green dragged the two out of the room by the ear.

Vio turned to the purplette. "I think Blue littered in his way to school, or refused to recycle, or something."