A Short Chapter Two Years Later Where Everything Appears Alright

Vio:

After two long years, my suspicions of his father being an idiot were confirmed as he ranted to me in the front seat of my car while we drove.

We really had gotten close, and I felt like I could trust him with anything and everything and, yes, I had fallen in love with him.

We'd flirt with each other a bit, but it seemed more like a joke than any actual emotion, so I never thought much of it, probably because some of the things he said made my thoughts jumble together until I couldn't comprehend a word.

"He just works a lot, and needs me to do something for him," he admitted to me.

"What?"

"Nothing," he said quickly.

I didn't press.

A beat of silence. "He sounds awful. Forget him, I'm your new parent now, I'm your new dad. And your mom! Your...dom. WAIT!"

That was not what I meant. At all.

He laughed until he was red in the face, wiping a tear from his eye before he said very quietly, "daddy?"

I slammed in the brakes and turned to face him. "Shadow!"

He laughed again.

"Ugh, this is what I get for trying to be nice to you."

"Maybe you e learned your lesson, you shouldn't be nice to me."

"No," I answered as the car went back into motion. "This gives me another reason to, it makes you happy."

I pulled into a Wall-Mart parking lot, turning to face him.

Pardon my language, I know not everyone has a high tolerance for swearing like the author but, holy fucking shit, he was so cute when he was blushing.