Bronze

"Ugh god someone turn on the air conditioning." You said in English only to hear a Japanese response.

"Man the bubbles he makes when he's sleeping are so fun to play with. Wait what'd be say? He wants chicken?"

"Chicken?!" You sat straight up eyes wide open only to feel a headache and way to hot in the bed. "Wow that was a bad idea"

Kirishima "Oh your awake!" He chirped. He had a bandage on his head and arm. You were shirtless with 3 fans pointed at you trying to regulate your body temperature that was dangerously high.

"Oh Kirishima how long have I been out?"

"About 10 minutes. The final match is already over. Bakugou won against Todoroki."

"Really? I figured Todoroki would have won..." you said questioning

"He might have but he didn't use his flames. Bakugou is beyond pissed."

"I don't want to stand on the podium with him. Is it almost time for the ceremony?"

"You have about 7 minutes before you need to get up. Recovery Girl left to go get your backpack. She wants you to wear that while your up there. Whatever that shield was it's wrecked your body and your temperature is constantly fluctuating." Kirishima explained

"Yea it did that a lot during training. I really can't control it very well and it's drawbacks almost make it not worth using." You laid back down as you continued. You were still sweating and breathing heavy between words. "It also only works if my emotions are running high. I hope that the pros aren't to deterred by the fact I went out of bounds..."

Insecurity and negatives thoughts started entering your head about how maybe you should have fought instead.

"What are you talking about? The pros loved you man!" Kirishima exclaimed. "At the end when you were seen still standing in that crater everyone went nuts saying how cool you were to take Bakugou at his strongest!"

"I find that hard to believe..."
I didn't even have the guts to fight him head on...

"Stop." Kirishima started. "I should have done what you did. You showed what defensive based quirks can do. A lot of hero's are already talking about interning you and helping you gain confidence."

Is he being serious? I don't think Kirishima is one to lie.

"Ki..Kirishima" your words broke as all the pent up stress your now 16 year old mind has been having of being successful in Japan seemed to surface. Before you could continue Kirishima who had become one of your closest friends hugged you tightly. "I wanted to do more but it just..."

"I know man. Imagine how I feel."

At that you returned the bro hug and he helped you up. Once you were on your feet recovery girl came in with your backpack.

Recovery Girl "Oh good your up. It's almost time for the awards ceremony. Kirishima will you help him put this on?" She handed him your backpack and he started moving behind you. "Your going to be a little stiff and sore. You crashing into that wall had the same affect as a car crash. Plus your still coming down from near fatal temperatures. Don't do that again until you learn to negate the negative affects."

She's right I am pretty stiff.

Kirishima noticing you were slow to move around gently grabbed your arm and tried slipping it through the backpack.

"Wait where is my shirt? I can't go up there like this." You said realizing you couldn't see your shirt in the office. You had come to realize that showing more skin in Japan was not NEARLY as big a deal as in America.