Chapter 9- Familiar Fire

I'm sticking  to Amanda's point of view
If you think that the book is moving too fast no it is not there is a lot more left to come😏😏😏
......................................................
"And on the right you'll see the Cornwall university's chapel which was built...." Amanda explored the university campus   as the tour guide's voice slowly faded away.
The campus was large with all the characteristics implicit to a traditional university- busy students minding their own business and separates into their only small groups. As her eyes searched the campus for something that would be more interesting to her than the tour guide's monotonous voice her eyes met the familiar image of a man her core has been longing for.

Amanda took a step towards him but thought against her decision when she realized that it wouldn't do her any good if she had spoken to him and she had no experience with talking to men.

She realized that her group was nowhere to be found and  suddenly she long to hear the voice of the tour guide which was the only familiar thing on the campus. In search for the  group she was with Amanda looked for the most approachable person to ask for directions to the main office; first there was a tall guy in a black leather jacket talking to a few other guys  and she decided not to approach someone with such an intimidating face.

Next there was a lean guy in glasses sitting under a tree with his head in books alone  so she decided to approach him "umm ...... " Amanda said and the boy's eyes met her eyes. He had slightly flushed cheeks with freckles dusted on his cheeks
"do you know where I could find the main office?" she asked.

The guy gave her the directions and flashed a friendly smile at her then quickly turned his head towards his book continued reading  with a slightly flushed face.

"Room #274...... finally" Amanda  let out a tired sigh when she finally found her dorm room. She opened the door and tripped over a pair of heels that was  in the doorway. Amanda scanned the room.

It was painted in dark blue with two single beds on either side of the room the bed in the corner was a complete mess, clothes were scattered  all over the bed with snack bags and a pizza box on the floor that half of the room looked like a dump. The bed next to the window was almost clear except for a pair of blue male jeans that was hanging off the bed and an inch away from falling to the filthy floor of the room. Amanda assumed that the bed next to the window was hers and lazily dropped on the bed and stared at the ceiling until she heard the door open and a girl in really high heels and a short black lace dress entered the room. Her makeup was plastered on her face and slightly smudged as if she has been wearing it for over a week.

The girl approached her

"you must be my new roommate" she said in a chirpy tone.
Amanda answered with a nod she stretched her hand out towards Amanda and Amanda took her hand
"I'm Sasha" the girl said
"and I'm Amanda" she replied with a nervous smile.
The conversation between the two girls didn't last long because as Sasha got into her bed she entered a deep sleep and Amanda had no intention of ever starting a conversation with her.
Amanda lied in the bed and stared at the fluorescent bulb that was at the center of the room and was currently not producing any light. She never focused on the bulb but  thought about what life would be like at a place where almost no one was familiar and the only familiar person brought fire to her core.
________________________________
Thank you for reading everyone. I'm so happy that I found time to update my book and I'm so sorry for the slow updates.
Arigato!!
(I'm not even sure I spelt I right☺☺)