Chapter 10 -The voice in the back of my head

This chapter is dedicated to SlayerShanxxo
......................................................

Her eyelids were closing and with every word that came out of Mr.Underwood's mouth they closed a little more.
This was Amanda's first class at Cornwall university and she was not enjoying it.

Her teacher had a monotonous and a stupid voice that was a lullaby slowly putting her to sleep.
Half way through the lecture the doors opened and a girl with olive skin entered the classroom. She was about 5 feet 2 inches tall dressed in a soft pink sweat shirt and with acid wash shorts. No one turned around or paid any attention to the girl that entered. Amanda watched her as she took the seat right next to her.
"Hey my name is Krishna" she said to Amanda
"I'm Amanda" she said turning her head towards the lecturer while she forced herself to keep her eyes open.
__________________________________
"And that concludes our class today, remember the research on nano technology during the nineteenth century " Mr. Underwood said to the backs of uninterested kids leaving the classroom.
Everyone from the classroom went in one direction and Amanda being unfamiliar with the campus followed the crowd while plugging in earphones to block out the cacophony of voices.
She entered a room then realised that it was the cafeteria.
Amanda walked in the large room painted in royal blue and white, the room was mostly dominated by tables that were occupied by student but at the  end of the room opposite to the entrance was the beginning of a never ending lunch line moving at snail pace. Amanda cringed at the length of the line she turned to leave the cafeteria but returned at the sound of her growling stomach.
"I guess I'm going to be late for my next class" Amanda whispered to herself seeing that everybody else was unfamiliar to her.

..............................................................
Jason and his friends walked to the cafeteria half way through lunch break knowing that the line would have been long any earlier. They entered the cafeteria and Jason walked right to the front of the line and quickly got his food. He turned towards the seat that they always sit at that should be empty but to his surprise there was a familiar girl comfortably seated in his spot. Jason stopped and remembered everything that happened that night and was engulfed by an ineffably strange feeling that left him paralysed at the sight of her. She raises her head but Jason quickly turned away before they could make eye contact.
'What the hell is wrong with me' Jason thought to himself
'Since when have I been afraid to approach a girl?' he asks himself
But before it looked weird to his friend he turned around and approached the table.

She lifted her head

Their eyes met

One step

Two steps

Three steps

Their eyes never faltered

He was now standing in front of Amanda.
Her eyes fell to her lap but before Jason could utter any words Tony spoke.
"Excuse me .....um ......you're in our seat" Tony said being as nice as he possibly could
"I don't see your name written anywhere on this table" Amanda said turning away from Jason and looked at Tony  but Jason never stopped staring.

Amanda decided not to argue with boys that seemed older than her and couldn't bare the intensity of Jason's stare on the side of her face, so she took her things and left without another word.

As she walked out the voice in the back of her head begged the familiar stranger to hold on to her.

As he stood there staring the voice in the back of his head begged her not to go a way.

He stood there staring at her back as she walked away.
............................................................

I hate Jason why didn't he Chase her?
It is so weird that I'm the author and I'm asking y'all this
Thanks for reading please vote and comment