Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

It's Saturday night. Say's expensive watch says it's already 9:30 PM. Yet, her volunteer partner isn't around to dance with her still.

Halos walang tao sa mansion nila nga, nasa isang political meeting out of town ang kanyang ama. Bored waiting for Nick, she went out of the small ballroom hall to the 1st floor and out the lavish grounds of their 8000 square foot mansion. She was looking for anyone she could ask if Nick just arrived or something.

How busy is he to even forget he has a practice with me? Does he really need to work two-three jobs a day even on weekends?

Say pouts but instead had to understand thoughtfully, hindi kasing priviliged niya si Nick.

Habang naghihintay, tiningnan ni Say ang napakalawak na De Plaza Mansion, ang kanilang ancestral home sa halos tatlong dekada, simula na magkaroon ng position sa gobyerno ang kanyang lolo hanggang sa pagpasahan ng kanyang ama at ina. 

It's an 8000 square foot, 5 floors Colonial architecture-based house - with lavish grounds that feature an extensive garage where 7 of the Governor's cars are parked, a zen garden, an Olympic size pool surrounded by the pool house, and cabanas. Along with it are the Leisure space and facilities that include ballroom halls on the 4th floor and basement, a home theater, a wine bar, a big library on the 3rd floor, 10 massive rooms including 2 guest rooms, a master bedroom, and her own room called The Queens.

Pagkatapos ng ilang minuto pang paghihintay, nagdesiyon nalang siya na pumunta nalang sa sariling kwarto. Perhaps, Nick has forgotten their schedule tonight.

A soft knock somewhere in her room is what she hears.

Say looked and listened if it's coming from her door - but it wasn't. Half-awake, she rolled from her bed and check the side clock - it says midnight. Her bedside lamp is still on, siguro nakatulog siya habang naghihintay kay Nick.

Another knock came. This time, she hears it distinctively from her glass window.

The Glass window??? 

Mabilis siyang tumungo sa windowpane niya pagkatapos i-on ang ilaw sa kanyang kwarto. Saka niya nakita mula sa labas ang kanina pa niya hinihintay na lalaki, Nick waves his hands at her, giving her some signals. He was outside her windowpane, out from the rooftop again!

"Nick!" mabilis niyang binuksan ang windowpane, "I was waiting for you the whole time!"

"Sorry, Say. Meron akong part time job na biglaang tinanggap pero di namin natapos agad ng mga kasama ko, so we ended up late and -" Nick stopped in mid-sentence after seeing Say from the open windowpane.

His eyes slid over the luxurious tumble of her silky black hair that framed her face and fell in glorious abandon over her shoulders and back. His stunned gaze shifted to her face, noting her vivid hazel brown eyes sparkling with her beaming smiles beneath thick, curly lashes, her pert nose, finely sculpted cheeks, and soft lips. She was just in her silk sleeping short and silk shirt but the Governor's Daughter looks completely enthralling.

"And what?" She asked.

He cleared his throat before answering. "At tsaka, naflat ang motorbike ko on my way here."

She looked at Nick's hands and forehead and saw some machine grease. Tago siyang napangiti dahil kahit maraming grasa sa ulo nito, hindi parin mawala ang pagiging pogi."I can see that."

"Kahit alam kong hindi ka naghihintay sa akin, I still want to say sorry for not coming on time."

"You were not listening. I told you, I waited for you the whole night." She admitted frankly.