Chapter 4 - Meet my sister.

Sam cries "oh my god!!!" As she jumps to hug her sister. Her sister hugs her back. Tightly. Kelly smiles as she walks back into the dining room. Leaving them to hug. "Who is it, honey?" Jill asks Kelly. "It...it's your daughter" Kelly replies. Jill looks confused for a few moments then realizes and runs to the door to greet her oldest daughter. She shrieks with excitement as she runs to Sam and her other daughter, she flings her arms around the two sisters who are still hugging. She pulls them into a tight embrace. The older sibling cries "hey mum" as she sees her mum. Michael walks out to the front door to see what all the fuss is about. He sees his oldest daughter and gasps "Oh my, my babies home for Christmas!" He says as he hugs her after Sam and Jill have finished. The four of them walk through to the living room, Kelly walks out of the dining room and smiles. Sam smiles at Kelly, "babe, come here I've got someone I want you to meet." She walks closer to her wife and her in-laws. Sam holds her wife's hand. Her sister’s face lights up. "Kelly this is Lauren, my sister. Lauren...This is my wife, Kelly" Sam says. Lauren looks shocked "wife!? When did you get married!? I didn't even know you were... You know". "Yep, I'm a lesbian, Lauren. Surprise. And we got married yesterday actually" Sam replies. Lauren looks stunned. An awkward-looking Kelly holds out her hand "nice to meet you". Lauren's face lights up, pulls Kelly into a warm embrace as she replies "it's nice to meet you too, so you’re the one that got my sister aye, she’s a lucky one ". Kelly laughs "I did, I did. But I'm the lucky one. She asked me to marry her" as she looks lovingly at her wife. Their eyes filled with love for one another. As Lauren smiles at the amount of love between Kelly and Sam. "You know what, I'm so happy you've found each other. I can see that you love the bones off each other. The way you look at one another. I love you both and welcome to our crazy family Kelly" Lauren says as she looks at them both. Sam takes a deep breath but trying to hide her anger and confusion with a smile as Lauren has returned. Lauren goes into the rest of the family who is happy to see her. 

*Sam's PoV* I can't believe it, she's back! Just like that!? I didn't tell Kelly about her because well I didn't know whether she was dead or alive, she ran away to America with one of her lovers when she was twenty without so much as a letter or an email to say that she was alright! It's been five years! I needed my sister. With everything that went on with Rosie I needed my sister there to tell me it was going to be okay, everything she did, every time she would hurt me. I couldn't turn to anyone. I couldn't speak to no one. And she just waltzes back in here on Christmas Day, thinking that no one is going to ask questions? Is she deluded? I'm not going to start anything tonight as its Christmas and everyone's here but I've got so many questions for her, that need answering*

*kelly's POV* WOW! So Sam has a sister!? she didn't mention anything to me about an older sister. something must've happened? did they fall out? did Lauren run away?*

Kelly and Sam stay in the living room, Kelly sees that Sam's confused. putting her hand on Sam's cheek "babe, what’s up?" Kelly asks. Sam smiles "nothing wife, let’s enjoy Christmas". before kissing Kelly, who's still worried about her wife, who's acting very out of character. Sam walks to her bedroom, closes the door sits on the bed and starts to cry. After a few minutes, she calms herself down and goes to the bathroom to wash her puffy red face. 

Kelly goes back to the rest of the family in the dining room. Jill sees that Sam isn't with Kelly, "honey, is Sam okay?" she asks quietly. "yeah i think so, she's just gone upstairs, i think she needs a few moments to herself" Kelly replies. Jill looks worried, "okay" she replies before going upstairs to see if Sam's okay. she knocks on Sam's bedroom door. no answer. she knocks on the bathroom door. no answer. she starts to worry. "Sammy darling? let me in". The bathroom door opens. "what mum? i was cleaning my face?" Sam replies. Jill looks at Sam sympathetically. "you've been crying haven't you?". Sam smiles, "I’m just... happy everyone's home for Christmas that's all". Jill doesn't believe her, "okay honey, come on, Kelly's waiting for you" she replies before they both head back downstairs to join the rest of their family. 

"So, new sister-in-law? how did you meet my darling little sister?" asks Lauren. Kelly smiles and replies "well, we've known each other for quite a long time. we met at school she just started there when i left, i went to train as a teacher, came back as a teacher and we just... bumped into each other" Kelly smiles. Lauren looks surprised "well that's a story to tell the kids, isn't it? mum and mummy meeting at school then getting wed after mum comes back as a teacher and mummy's in sixth? is that legal?". Tanya jumps in, "Lauren? don't you dare start! you've been gone for god knows how long!? and your little sister has found the woman she loves! and quite frankly their amazing together! they love each other. so it doesn't matter if kelly's a teacher. Sam left school a long time ago, so back off!" "tan, calm down. IT isn't affecting me so don't let her affect you, or baby" replies Kelly. "baby!?" asks Lauren. "yes Lauren, Tanya's pregnant. how could you not notice? she doesn't need this stress, nor does the baby. look you’re my sister in law okay? i love your sister more than life itself. you just need to accept that. even though you haven't been here in oh? five years? so please, sit down, enjoy Christmas, and let’s all be merry" Kelly replies to Lauren. Lauren opens the bottle of red wine "god, i need this" she says as she sits down. Everyone else in the room sits silently, feeling awkward. Micky takes a sip of his drink before saying "I’m not having this, its Christmas. What has always been the rule at Christmas!? no bickering or arguing, right Lauren? unless you've forgotten that whilst gallivanting around god knows where with fuck knows who! your back home now so you will be apart of this family. so act like it!" before storming off. 

Kelly walks out to the garden to sit down and take in whats just happened. Sam tries to find Kelly so she looks out in the garden and realizes that she's there. Kelly looks up at Sam "hey baby are you okay?" she says. Sam sits down next to Kelly who puts her arms around Sam who replies "yeah I’m okay, I’m just confused about the whole Lauren situation. are you okay?". Kelly smiles "I'm okay, just your family, well Lauren started ripping into us, about how our children will know that their Mum's met at school and how it’s weird. so Tanya and Micky had a go at Lauren who's now on the red wine. anyway what happened with you and Lauren?" she replies. "well basically when i was fifteen and she was twenty she met some guy who she was "madly in love with" and she picked up and ran off to Vancouver and didn't message us or write us so we didn't know anything. she could've been dead for all we knew.". Lauren walks out onto the porch with a glass of red wine and says in a soft tone of voice "I’m sorry sis".