Chapter 7 - The Truth

ONE AND A HALF WEEK LATER

I wake up peacefully since it's a Saturday and I don't have to go anywhere. My peace is broken by the ringing of my phone, I groan in annoyance before looking for my phone. I feel it on my bed and answer it, "Hello?" I ask as soon as I answer. "I've been calling you for an hour." I hear Ares's voice shout through the phone and pull it away from my ear before sighing and sitting up. I look at the clock to see its only 9 o'clock. "Why? It's a Saturday Ares, let me rest." I say a little annoyed and grumpy. "Well I'm sorry for the inconvenience but I need you to get here now." Ares orders. "What? Come on Ares I just woke up, I haven't taken a shower or eaten yet. It's only 9, do I really need to come right now?" I ask Ares while lying back on the bed. "Yes, you do. You can shower and eat here. Be here in the next 15 minutes or I will... just get here. Now." Ares says sounding worried and tensed and cuts the call before I can reply. I sigh before getting out of bed. I look down and see that I'm wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, so I decide against changing and take my phone and head towards the door.

I reach the penthouse within 10 minutes and go to the kitchen. "Hey, Noah." I greet and hug him. He smiles at me, "Hey Elle, looking good." He says sarcastically. "Funny. Where's Ares? And what are you making?" I ask him while sitting down on a chair. "Right here," Ares says as he comes into the kitchen and glares at me. What did I do? "Hey, Ares." I greet him with a smile. He just glares. I turn to Noah with a questioning look. "I'm making French Toast. Ares is stressed because the award function is today." Noah answers while setting down plates. I get up and hug Ares who does not return the gesture, "I'm sorry, I forgot. What do you need help with?" I ask him as he finally hugs me back and sighs. "I need you to eat and shower first, till then I'll get Noah ready. After you're done we'll get you ready." Ares tells me and I mentally groan knowing Ares is going to go full out. I pull back and sit back down on my chair. "So I really have to go? And wear a dress and makeup?" I ask them. "Yes to both," Ares answers with a smile. "Fine," I say and start eating my breakfast. 

I go to my room as soon as we finish breakfast and take a nice long shower trying to prolong the inevitable. I step out and am surprised to see a Jumpsuit on the bed instead of a dress and feel relieved not wanting to spend hours in a dress again. The Jumpsuit is black and full length, the sleeves are off-shoulder and there is a silver belt in the middle. I put it on. I take a small clutch that is silver and has two stakes and two vervain darts like all my wallets, clutches and bags do. I go towards Noah and Ares's room and knock and wait, Noah opens the door and gestures me in. He's already dressed in his suit with his hair already styled. I go in to see Ares already dressed and putting finishing touches to his makeup. "Doesn't the event start at 12? Why are we getting ready so early?" I ask Noah. "It takes an hour to get there and it's already 10. Also, we have to reach at least half an hour earlier." Noah explains and I just nod. Ares finishes and gestures me to sit. After about 15 minutes we're done since I didn't want too much makeup. After Ares triple checks everything we finally leave. I sit in the backseat and check my phone since Jer didn't answer my call yesterday and hasn't replied to my texts either.

 I sit in the backseat and check my phone since Jer didn't answer my call yesterday and hasn't replied to my texts either