Chapter 9 - The Hamptons

THE WEEKEND

I wake up to someone knocking on the door, probably Ares. "I'm up," I shout at him but he keeps knocking and I realize that the spell is activated and he can't hear me. I groan before getting up and opening the door. "I'm up Ares. What's the hurry?" I ask as I go back and sit on the bed. "We're going to The Hamptons. Get ready, I'll pick out your clothes." Ares says excitedly while going towards the closet. "Okay. No dresses." I shout as I go towards the bathroom and hear Ares groan. I take a quick shower knowing Ares will get impatient, he's been jumping about the whole week excited for the weekend. I step out to see and an all-white outfit. There's white jeans and a white sweater and brown boots. I'm thankful for the sweater since it's a bit cold outside and now that I think about it a beach in cold weather is a really bad idea but oh well. I change into my clothes and comb my hair putting it into a ponytail before heading downstairs. I go to the kitchen to see Noah cooking breakfast. "Good morning." I greet him with a hug, which he returns. "Good morning. I'm surprised you're in a good mood seeing as Ares was banging on your door." Noah says. "Well we're going away for the weekend so I'm very excited and there's no use in being grumpy and ruining the mood," I tell him while making coffee for us. "Fair enough," Noah says. "How long does it take to reach Hamptons?" I ask him since I wanted to get some sleep so that I'm not tired when we reach. "Around 2 hours or so depending on the traffic," Noah informs me and I nod. We both sit down to eat and Ares joins us soon. After eating we cleaned up and went to get our bags. I go up to my room and take the bag I packed yesterday, checking to make sure everything is in there. I close my bag after putting my sketchbook and go downstairs.

Since Ares and Noah aren't there yet I sit down on the couch to read a book. Ares got me a new book since I finished The Maze Runner Trilogy, it's a sort of love story. It's called 'Where Rainbows End' and even though I didn't think I would like it I'm currently rereading it. After a few minutes, Noah comes down and gestures me to follow him. We go down the elevator to the parking and walk to their car and put the bags in the back. "You okay? With... well everything." Noah asks as we arrange the bags and wait for Ares. "Yeah, I guess. I mean I'm still too much of a coward to tell my friends or my brother about what happened but at least we're talking again. If you are asking about the Jason thing then I guess I'm doing better. I took off the bracelet last night and I'm not going to wear it for this trip. I want to know if I'm actually moving on or just avoiding it." I tell him. Noah looks at me for a few seconds before asking, "You sure that's a good idea? I mean we do want you to move on from what happened but not like this it's a risk." Noah says a little worried. "I know but you and Ares will be there and I trust you. I also didn't have any nightmares last night so that's good I think. I don't think there will be any episodes. I only had them because of the realization that... that not only could Jason have used me but he could have killed me and that scared me but this week with you and Ares and nightmare free days and nights I came to realize that it won't happen now because Jason's dead and I... I survived. I think that this will work, I want to look back at what happened and be proud of myself for surviving not ashamed or scared of what Jason did. Does that make sense?" I say ending with a question. "Yeah, it does. And you should be proud Elle not only for conquering your demons but also because you seem to have accepted it was not your fault. I've seen so many women destroy themself due to a man's fault over the centuries and I'm proud to see that you aren't doing that." Noah says with a grin. I smile back at him and we sit in the car to wait for Ares.

After about 15 minutes Ares comes and sits in the car. "Sorry, I know I'm late. I had to attend an important call." Ares explains. Noah smiles at Ares and we leave. "What are we going to do there? Do you have a plan or...?" I ask them mostly Ares though. "Well today we're going to the beach after lunch, we can go jet skiing and then to our favorite restaurant there for dinner. Tomorrow we have to go to a meet of sorts, it will start around noon and will go on till 5 then we can either go scuba diving or just laze around at the beach." Ares informs. "Uh... jet ski and scuba diving? I don't think I'll be able to do either of those." I tell Ares, "What? Why? Come on its fun." Ares insists. "I know but I am scared of deep waters and well drowning," I whisper but it's loud enough for them to hear. "Well don't worry even if you do drown you'll just come back to life just with a little more powers," Noah says with a laugh. I glare at him and recite the aneurysm spell in my head until Noah winces. "Ow. What the hell? Seriously Ares?" Noah screams. "It was me actually and yes seriously," I tell Noah before sitting back in my seat. "You did that?" Ares asks. "Well you didn't and Noah obviously didn't do it to himself. So..." I trail off. "Well done. It takes a lot to actually give someone as old as Noah an aneurysm. Have you been practicing?" Ares asks and compliments. "Uh yeah, a bit. I have also tried a few other spells. I also discovered that holding the talisman in my hand helps." I tell Ares and he gives me a smile.