True Friends

I awake to my stupid alarm buzzing. I groan and smack the button.

"Katniss shut up" Cashmere yells from her bed. I throw a pillow at her head and she looks up at me. I sarcastically smile.

"Okay I'm up" she says sliding out of bed, literally.

"Who's dumb idea was it to start the school at 6:45" I say also sliding out of bed.

"I don't know but they probably have issues". I nod in agreement.

"I'm taking a shower" I say finally getting up on my feet. I turn the shower on and get in. A few minutes later I'm done and get out to dry off. Once again I leave my hair natural and rewrap my towel around my body. I exit the bathroom and walk to my dresser.

"I can't find anything to wear" I say to Cashmere whose already getting dressed.

"How about this" she says picking up a black pencil skirt and a purple ruffled shirt.

"And these" she says also handing me white flats.

"Perfect" I clap and she playfully bows. I pull on my clothing and look in the mirror. I still haven't explained to Cashmere. Shouldn't I tell her? Right now she's the closest thing I have to a friend.

"Hey well I'm going to head out a little early to class I'll see you later?" I ask and she nods. I leave the building and get into my car. I drive off to the Starbucks on campus. I pull into the driveway and walk inside. The aroma of coffee hits my nose. I wait in line for a couple of minutes until I can order.

"I'll have a grande mocha please" I say getting out my card.

"Okay your total is 4.75 will that be it" I nod and slide my card.

"Here's your receipt" she hands me my receipt and I walk over to the waiting table. By the minute more people pile in making it more hard to hear my name being called. I walk over and grab my coffee.

"Thank you" I say. I go to turn but I instantly run into a guy, his hands protectively grab my arms for stability.

"I'm sorry I nee-" I get stopped by the guy.

"No no it's okay it was my fault" he smiles. He has really light brown hair and grey eyes like me but not as vibrate.

"Are you sure?" I question still embarrassed.

"Yes, I'm Lucas by the way" he says holding out his hand.

"Katniss, Katniss Everdeen" I shake his back.

"Well it was nice meeting you Katniss. We should do this more" he smiles shyly.

"What me running into you?" I laugh lowly.

"Yea sounds about right" We both laugh.

"Well it was nice to meet you Lucas" I say holding the door slightly open.

"You too Katniss" he smiles again. I turn away and blush as I walk to my car. Anyways I have 10 minutes to get to class. I get into my car and drive to the school parking lot. I maneuver my way through the halls of students to my first class which is Health. I take a seat next to Gloss.

"Hello Katniss-Wait woah why are you blushing?" He questions me. Oh crap why am I still blushing? WAIT! Why am I even blushing!

"I'm not blushing".

"Katniss" he comes closer.

"It's nothing I just ran into some guy".

"OoooOo so are you dating now?" He wiggles his eyebrows. The pit of my stomach drops. I could never do that to Peeta. Somewhere inside me still thinks that he still loves me after what I did.