A World Apart Part 1

We checked in the hotel and I was exhausted beyond belief. “Okay kids its time to crash. We will get up in the morning and do something exciting.”

The kids started to chant, “Disneyland! Disneyland!”

I chuckled, “We have been in California all of five minutes and already y’all are hollering about Disneyland. I’m a little worn out for that right now. We will have to see about that after mom has a few days to rest. Deal?”

“Aw, okay.” they sighed as they laid down.

I got them all tucked in, grabbed the remote and settled on the couch to watch some TV. ‘I can’t believe we are finally here. I never thought we were going to make it. I just hope the kids love it as much as i did.’ I thought as I grabbed the brochures I snatched from the office of all the attractions that were around. I was looking and I ran across something that looked like fun that the kids and I would both enjoy and sat it on the table. This is it! I told myself and turned my attention back to the TV.

I flipped through the channels and there was nothing on so I put my DVD of “The Lucky One” starring Zac Efron in my laptop. It was my favorite movie and Zac gave a stellar performance.

I woke up to the kids hollering about breakfast, “Give me a minute guys and we will go get breakfast.”

“What are we doing today?” Logan asked.

I smiled at him and held up the brochure.

Kristi started to jump up and down, “Awesome mom! I wanted to go do something outside. I want to see how pretty this place is after everything you have told me about it.

Logan and Kristi were about five years apart so it was really hard to find something they both enjoyed doing and then something mom didn’t mind doing as well was even more odd. I smiled at the fact that I had picked the perfect outing for our first day.

After breakfast we climbed into the truck and stopped off for some water, snacks, and sandwiches for a picnic lunch before we got to the canyon.

“I thought there would be a lot more people here. Its usually packed.” I said.

The kids, unconcerned with the lack of people, were out of the car and grabbing their backpacks, ready to go.

We set out on our hike through the Runyon Canyon Loop and it was peaceful compared to what I thought it would be. The place was usually a mad house, of course I had only been there on the weekends and it was a Monday so everyone must be at work.

We didn’t make it very far before I noticed, in front of us, a guy that looked just like Zac Efron, walking with some other guy. I started to laugh to myself, ‘Yeah because you saw him on TV last night and now your going to see him everywhere. Like you would have the guts to talk to him. You would probably just look crazy standing there drooling on yourself.’ At that point, without thinking about it, I laughed out loud causing the Zac Efron look alike and his friend to glance behind them. I almost fainted when i realized it was the real Zac Efron. I tried quickly to turn my focus to the kids because if Kristi saw him, being the nine year old little girl she was, that was madly in love with “High School Musical” she would completely embarrass me.