A World Apart Part 9

Zac pulls me to him, “I’m sorry.”

I try to act like I don’t know anything, “What’s the problem?”

He smiles at me, “I just got a little jealous is all.”

I laugh, “Jealous of what?”

He hangs his head slightly, “Well I heard Logan say that Drew was your true love and then Kendall...”

I laugh, “I have been in love with Drew Seeley for YEARS but it was always a fantasy. I always told every guy I was with if he ever left his wife and showed up on my doorstep that they were gone...It was just a joke. He would never leave his wife and DEFINITELY wouldn’t show up at my door. That’s the stuff movies are made of.” I’m laughing so hard my sides hurt.

He takes my hand, “We have a party to get back to.” and escorts me back to the table.

The dinner went well but I noticed Zac keeping an eye on Drew and Kendall the whole time.

After dinner we are in the living room and I notice a hushed conversation between Ross and Zac and I have to wonder what’s going on. 

Zac disappears and comes back with a guitar handing it to Ross, “Hey guys...” and everyone looks at Zac, “Ross has a song that he wants to let me borrow. It explains so much.” and he looks at me as Ross starts to play and he starts to sing, “Ok maybe I’m shy but usually I speak my mind but by your side I’m tongue tied...sweaty palms I turn red you think I have no confidence but I do just not with you....Now i’m singing all the words I’m scared to say...yeah...so forgive  ;me if I’m doing this all wrong I’m trying my best in this song to tell you what can i do i’m stuck on you i’m hoping you feel what i do cause i told mom about you i told her what can i do i’m stuck on you and like the night sticks to the moon girl i’m stuck on you...”

Everyone erupts into cheers and all I can do is stand there in shock.

“What did you think?” He asks.

I smile, “That about sums up the first time we actually talked.” I giggled.

He smiled, “I thought so to. Guess that will have to be our song.”

I laugh, “So now we have a song?”

He just lifts his eyebrows and turns to talk to everyone else.

After everyone was gone, zac came over to me, “Kendall couldn’t keep his eyes off of you.”

I smile at him, “I think that was just your imagination.”

He laughs, “I don’t think so but if you say so...” He hesitates, “Do you think...I was wondering...I just thought...”

I put my hand on his shoulder, “Take a deep breath.” and he does, “Now try again.”

He looks in my eyes, “I know your leaving in the morning but I wanted to know if you would stay with me tonight?”

“We have been together every night since I got here. What makes tonight different?”

He starts to stammer again, “No...I mean...Damnit!!”

I can see his frustration, “Zac calm down. Are we really back to this?”