A World Apart Part 4

I laughed, “Are you proposing to me cause you know I found out from the movies that even though these things are supposed to have a happy ending they never do.”

He acted like he was popping his collar, “But I’m ZAC EFRON.”

I almost fell out of my chair laughing, “And your point is?”

He smiled, “Why can I talk to you now but I couldn’t before? It just makes no sense to me.”

I shrugged my shoulders, “Because before you were over thinking it. Why won’t she talk to me? She doesn’t treat me like the big star I think I am...”

“Hey hey hey now.” he laughed, “I never think about myself like that and what’s this about being conceited?”

I chuckle, “Well when you started acting, that was how you acted. Like you were stuck on yourself and all that mattered was what you wanted.”

He lifted an eyebrow, “Is that what you think of me?”

“If I have to be honest I didn’t know what to think.” I giggled slightly, “I thought you were stalking me.”

He laughed, “No not yet.”

I raised my eyebrow, “Really.” and we both laughed.

He wagged his brows, “So back to the real question...are you single?”

I giggled, “You aren’t going to let that go are you? Why is that so important to you? We are just friends right?”

The smile that lit up his face was one I had only seen in pictures, “So we are friends?”

“Well we are working on it.” I replied.

“Okay I will let it go but I really want to know about the Hollywood mansion.” he laughed, “Its every girls dream to marry a movie star and live in a big hollywood mansion.”

I started to laugh, “Careful there. We are working on being conceited again and the main thing you seem to over look is the fact that I’m not a girl.”

He laughed, “Girl, woman, you know what I meant.”

“Lets put it this way, without telling you to much about my personal business, I live in a little apartment blocks from the beach. I work from home, kind of, and we barely get by. It took me three years to get the money for this vacation. Would I trade that to have a big hollywood mansion and a movie star husband, the answer is no.”

He scratched his head, “Hmm Okay then. Can I ask why?”

“Lets just say that I had the opportunity to marry for money and its just not my style. No matter how hard they try, people will never be able to buy happiness.”

I could see from his reaction that this was a new concept for him. I couldn’t tell if its the values I have or the honesty I’m giving but he is speechless.

I reached over and put my hand on his chest and he chuckled, “What are you doing? Are you coming on to me already?”

I laughed, “No I was trying to see if the reason you were quiet was because I scared you again.”

He looked into my eyes, “Am I scared?”

I can’t break my gaze as I shake my head no.