A World Apart Part 5

Zac tapped me lightly on the shoulder, “I think you have this. I’m going to take the kids over here to get some breakfast if that’s okay.” he smiled.

I just shoo him off and turn back to the clerk who was now working feverishly to rectify the problem.

“Yes ma’am I see here those rooms were scheduled for maintenance and we need to give you a new room.”

I thought for a minute, “Before you do that you need to call your boss and explain what you did. I’m almost positive he will approve an upgrade as well.”

Zac walked up, bringing me a small glass of orange juice, “The kids said this was your favorite.”

I turn back to the clerk, “And Mr Efron will need an upgrade as well since you were so rude to him.”

“Yes ma’am. Right away ma’am.”

Zac laughed, “Remind me not to get in your way.”

The kids and Zac were eating while I got the rooms squared away. We ended up in a suite and they moved all of our stuff for us along with two nights for free. The desk clerk no longer had a job as well.

We get up to the new rooms and Zac makes sure his key works but followed us in our room. It was then we realized the rooms were adjoining.

Zac smiled at me, “Hmm.” was all he said.

I laughed, “Don’t get any funny ideas mister. Those doors lock.”

He just smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

‘I can’t lie. Every time he is close to me I want to melt. Its so hard to show him the real me when I just want to act like a childish teenager and fall at his feet.’

I was drug back to reality by Zac asking “Is that cool with you mom?”

I had to admit I didn’t have a clue what they asked but I wasn’t turning him lose with my kids, “I wasn’t paying attention. What were we talking about?”

Logan piped up, “Mr Zac and I were going to get you some breakfast. He doesn’t know what you like and you didn’t eat.”

I smiled at Logan, “I’m not really hungry sweetie. Thank you anyway.”

The look of disappointment on his face told me even if I wasn’t hungry I should let him do this. He loved doing things like that for his mom.

“I guess that’s okay.” I gave in.

They were gone for what seemed like forever and there was a knock at the adjoining door.

I giggled, “Who is it?”

Logan hollered, “Its me mom. Open the door.”

I unlocked the door and as I walked in there was a beautifully decorated table full of food and red roses in a vase in the middle.

“Do you like it mom?” Logan questioned.

Zac sauntered over, “Yeah mom. What do you think?”

I smiled at him, “I think you need to stop.” and then turned to Logan, “I love it but how am I going to eat all of this food?”