A World Apart Part 13

I closed and locked the door behind them, returning my gun to its lock box. I turned and looked at the guys, “I guess you will all be leaving now.” and I headed for the kitchen.

There was a hushed conversation going on in the living room but I didn’t care enough to eavesdrop. I fixed me something to drink and walked back in with all eyes on me, “Well? Why are you all still sitting here?”

Drew laughed, “You really want us gone don’t you?”

I didn’t crack a smile, “Yep. So bye bye.”

Zac started to approach me and I gave him a look letting him know that wasn’t a wise thing to do, “Look (yn) your not getting rid of us. We are going to help you wether you like it or not so you might as well just give in.”

I scoffed, “Are you serious right now? Give in? You don’t know me at all.”

Kendall looked at Drew then at Zac, “We aren’t going anywhere.”

Drew adds, “You aren’t going to be alone.”

I shook my head, “You heard the cops. It would be safer for you to leave. Why can’t you take a hint?”

Zac looks at me, “Don’t worry. You won’t even know we are here.”

I snorted, “You see how small this apartment is? How do you figure we will all be here and I won’t even know your here?”

Zac headed for the bedroom with everyone else in tow. I sat on the couch and grabbed the computer. I went through my routine of making sure no one had heard anything from Sam. After I made sure there was nothing I turned on the tv and found a movie to watch. I sat and my mind started to argue with itself, ‘You know your really being a bitch. They just want to help.’ the other side chimed in, ‘And I understand that but if one of them gets hurt or worse, killed I could never live with myself. I can’t let them do this.’ the argument intensified, ‘You aren’t going to be able to stop them. They have their minds made up and I think you know how you are when your mind is made up on something.’

I let out a heavy sigh, “Guys...” and like magic they appeared around the corner, “Come in here. We need to figure some things out.”

They all had huge grins on their faces but came in and sat down with Zac sitting next to me, “You decided we could help?”

I shook my head, “No you can’t help but apparently I’m not going to get rid of you. This is a small apartment and we are going to be tripping all over each other so we need to figure something else out.”

They were spitting out ideas, none of which I thought were feasible. Finally I made a suggestion, “How about you all go home and come visit me another time.”

Carlos laughed, “You know that isn’t going to happen.”

I shrugged, “I mean do you ALL have to be here though?”

The discussion then turned to who stayed and who would leave. It was clear that Zac, Drew, and Kendall weren’t going anywhere. I rolled my eyes, “Seriously guys?”

Zac laughed, “Well I tend to piss you off. Kendall can fix that most of the time but when he can’t Drew can so we work better as a team.” He almost joked. He turned to Sonny, “Why don’t you go home and do what you had planned and while your there get in touch with that private eye we used a while back and have him try to locate Sam.”