Chapter 1 - A Typical Day In Heaven

Castiel's POV

"BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE~" Castiel's alarm screeched beside him pulling him from his sleep-like state. Castiel wasn't asleep because he's an angel and they don't sleep, though sometimes he wished that he could join his husband Dean in his slumber but other times he was glad when he saw people walking around like zombies from exhaustion.

He looked at his sleeping husband and a smile spread across his face. His crystal blue eyes filled with love as he thought about how lucky he was to have such a beautiful man all to himself. Slowly, Dean's eyes fluttered open revealing a pair of curious green orbs framed by a tanned face dotted with freckles. "G'mornin'" Dean grumbled groggily, his voice still husky from sleep. "Why'd you set an alarm?"

"It's the first day back to school Dean" Cas stated bluntly, tilting his head to the left and squinting his eyes in his signature quizzical stare. "I told you that"

Realization dawned on Dean's face but was quickly replaced by disappointment which confused Cas. "Why is he disappointed? Did I do something?" He thought stupidly not realizing that the first day of work meant at least 7 hours away from Dean.

"Do you have to go?" Dean whined watching as Cas got up out of bed and wandered over to his closet to pick out his clothes.

"Yes Dean, I like teaching and I plan to go and do that today" he said, now understanding why Dean looked disappointed. Castiel taught history at Wayward High.

Cas was just about to pull off his bumble bee pajama bottoms when he felt Dean's presence behind him snaking arms around his waist and burying his head into the space between his neck and shoulders. "But I like spending time with you and I was planning to do that today" Dean mumbled into Cas' neck before placing a kiss there and backing away. "You could just skip the first day, right? It's not like they can't find a substitute." He sounded hopeful but that was not going to happen.

"Nuh uh.. nope.. not gonna happen in any universe ever. You have to record today anyway so you'll be editing and I'll have nothing to do" Cas said matter-of-factly and he had a point. A good one too. So Dean let it go and went off to brush his teeth.

Cas pulled out a pair of clean white boxers, a light blue button up shirt, a pair of black dress pants and a dark blue tie and threw them on the bed. He quickly changed into them before pulling a brush through his messy black hair and going downstairs. He didn't have to change clothes because technically he could use his angel mojo to clean them and just tell people that he had a lot of the same shirt but it's just one small thing he can do to feel a little bit more human and try to forget about his angelic past.

He padded down the stairs in search of his black dress shoes to complete his profesional but not trying too hard look. After he found his shoes and put them on he went to the kitchen to get fruitloops which were his favourite cereal. He didn't actually have to eat because he didn't ever get hungry but he liked food, especially burgers, so he went and sat down at the table to eat his breakfast.

He was almost finnished his breakfast when he saw Dean coming down the stairs obviously just showered as his short blonde hair was wet and the smell of soap followed him. "Hello, Dean" Cas said with a mouth full of fruitloops, causing a bit of milk to dribble down his chin.

"Hiya, Angel" Dean chuckled with an adoring smile and an affectionate look in his eye. He waltzed into the kitchen and grabbed a piece of pie from the fridge and put it in the microwave to heat so he could eat it.

"You know, if you keep eating pie for breakfast you're gonna die early" Cas said seriously. "I would prefer it if that didn't happen."

"Yeah, you and me both Cas, but you know I can't quit pie! It's like cocain but I don't look like a wild cat after I have it so I think you should be greatful" Dean answered sassily with a playful smile gracing his happy features.

"Whatever you say, Dean" Cas chuckled.

After finnishing his food, Cas grabbed  his books and laptop for school and stuffed them into his bag. He was about to open the door when Dean stopped him with a hand on his shoulder and spun him around. Before he had time to fully process any thing, Dean had closed the small gap between their faces in a sweet kiss. "You were going to leave without kissing me goodbye!" Dean exlaimed in mock shock with a hand on his heart as if he'd been shot. "How could you?!"

"Oops?" Cas laughed as he saw the look on Dean's face, like he had eaten his birthday cake and then run over his puppy. "Okay I'm sorry. Happy now?" Cas questioned jokingly.

"Almost" Dean said before kissing him again, this time for longer and with more passion. "Do you want to be in a video yet?" Dean asked as he did everyday. Dean was a famous youtuber with a massive fanbase. He became a youtuber because he didn't want to become a hunter like the rest of his family. His brother Sam had also followed in his footsteps and become a lawyer so now only his Dad hunts the supernatural. Dean had been trying ever since they got married to get Cas to be in a video but he liked his private life. For now.

"Sorry, not today Babe but you never know" Cas said like every other time Dean had asked. "But I really have to go now so bye, love you, see you when I get home!" He said quickly giving Dean a peck on the cheek before heading out the door. Dean lets him drive his car to work which also happens to be his most prized possession, a 67' Chevy Impala. Cas hops into the car, or 'Baby' as Dean calls it and starts to drive to work. He could fly if he wanted to but he likes driving so he drives to work everyday with a smile on his face.

He rounds the corner and sees as the school comes into view. "Okay Cas, let's teach some kids history" He thought as he parked Baby.

Today was just typical day in heaven.

A/N - This is my first ever book, let alone fanfiction so I'm really nervous about it but if you do take the time to read it I am grateful. Thanks! ♡