Chapter 2

Dedicated to FlopMoo for the amazing cover, thank you! :D

"He does not believe that does not live according to his belief." 

        ― Sigmund Freud

*           *           *

Chapter Two

I don't know which one is worse; A) I passed out in a crowd full of werewolves who I haven't even met before or B) that my mate was the reason that I had fainted.

Considering my mate is the infamous Alpha Hunter, I'll go with B.

Do you ever have that feeling like you're falling? Like you've reached the climax of a roller-coaster, stuck in those few seconds at the very top, anticipating the drop. And then you drop. You have absolutely no control, the butterflies going at war in your stomach, the pounding against your head as the wind whips past you.

I felt like I was falling on an endless roller coaster with no ups.

When I finally woke up, fed up with the dreadful feeling, I found myself inside of a car.

The sun rays shine right through the window making me blind for a couple seconds until I can adjust. Turning away from the sun I noticed I was placed on the passenger seat of a two-seat car. It was one of those small, cute cars that you swoon at when they pass on the road.

Looking to my left, I saw a boy no older than myself. He drove firmly, his attention on the streets in front.

My brain erupted in questions. Why am I in a car? Who is this guy? I certainly didn't recognize him.

His hands were fists wrapped around the steering wheel, his black hoodie tight against his arms, outlining his muscles. The sleeves of his sweater folded up a bit at the wrist showing a small tattoo of a crescent moon.

He was a pack warrior for the Dark Moon Pack, my mates pack. My Mate. The word sounded so foreign echoing in my mind.

Suddenly uncomfortable in my position, I arched my back, stretching it. Before I could stop my self, I let out a big yawn.

Not once did the boy look over.

"Umm excuse me?" I spoke, rather politely might I add.

He gave me no attention, just kept staring at the road. I grew annoyed by his hostile attitude.

"Hello?" I try again. His grip tightened on the wheel, but not once did he look over. I could be dying right now and he would just continue driving without a clue.

"Will you just look at me!" I yelled.

As soon as the last word slipped from my mouth, the car aggressively pushed to the side of the isolated road we were on, then abruptly stopped all together. Not prepared for him to suddenly stop, my hands reached out in a useless attempt to catch myself as my head swung towards the window dash.

A big arm reached out pulling me back just in time. Once I was back in my previous position, I noticed the stranger's dark eyes watching me, an obvious annoyed expression on his face.

No 'I'm sorry for almost killing you' not even a hello.

If looks could kill, I'd be 6 feet and under.

He looked so serious, that I couldn't help my amused smile. Maybe I had hit my head a little too hard.

"Do you find this funny?" His bold voice asked.