Chapter 15

Hello :D

I have bad news... I'm going off on vacation to Cuba. I'm leaving this Friday and am gone for nine days. This means that there is a good chance I won't be updating next week. I will try to write and perhaps update, but no promises. 

OHH AND MATED TO MY DOOM HAS REACHED 50 THOUSAND READS! 50K!!!! AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS. You all deserve a pat on the back ;) 

'Silence is the most powerful scream'

Chapter 15

Before driving back home, I decide to pick up Soph a little earlier today. Maybe even surprise her by taking her out for ice cream. 

Driving up to her school, I see the parking lot fairly full from all the teachers cars. Nonetheless, I still find an empty space by the entrance.

Walking down the halls of her school, I see lots of cut out trees and snowflakes. 

I smile, loving the holiday spirit. 

Our winters don't usually get so snowy so there's lots of other festive things done that bring everyone into the spirit. 

I try clearing my mind from the memories of earlier at school. 

If I don't then I might take out my stress on Soph, and I absolutely hate when people do that. 

"Excuse me, sorry to bother you, I just wanted to sign out my little sister. Her name Is Sophia Edwards." 

The secretary in the office nodded, then started clicking her mouse. 

"Sophia Edwards?" She asked.

"Yup! That's S-O-P-H-I-A." 

"Yes, I see that but, well, that's odd." 

Her eyebrows furrow and her face looks confused. 

"What?" I ask impatiently. 

"She has already been signed out." 

"What! That's not possible. My mom's at work and I'm the only other person who can pick her up." 

"Are you sure you mom didn't?" 

"Yes." 

"Well then let me have a look at the sign out sheet." 

She gets up from her chair and comes towards me. Walking past me to the small table in the corner, she picks up the green binder. 

"S... Sophia Edwards! There it is." Her bright smile quickly formed to a frown. 

"You're right. It wasn't you mom you picked her up. It was our Alpha."

"Hunter?" I foolishly ask. 

"Huh?" 

"I mean, Alpha Hunter. Wait, that's not possible. He wasn't on the list to pick her up. Only my mother and I can."

She laughed. Like really laughed. Like the kind of laugh that someone does that is embarrassing for them but makes you want to join them. 

"He's Alpha. He can do what ever he wants," She finally says as she wiped the tears from her eyes. 

"That wasn't even funny," I mutter quietly. 

"Anyways! So you are telling me that you let my 13 year old sister leave with a stranger?" 

"He is not a stranger. He is the Alpha."

"He's still a stranger to Soph." 

"Hey! What Alpha says, I do! Now shoo! I need to get back to work."