Chapter 10

If you're gonna be bad, be bad with a purpose. Otherwise, you're just not worth forgiving.

        -Damon Salvatore 

Chapter 10

"So you're saying that Hunters your real mate, but Greg thinks your his mate." 

"Exactly." 

"So when Greg confronted you about it...?" My sister sat cross legged at the end of my bed. Her eyes we're squinted like they always are when shes trying to concentrate. 

"So nothing." I avoided eye contact. 

"Oh please, you're telling me you sat across from him for two hours and didn't say a thing?" 

Sighing, I've came to a conclusion that there was nothing I could do. I have a very nosy sister who won't leave me along until I tell her the truth, the whole truth.

"Okay fine, I'll tell you everything but you can't tell a soul. Got it?" Sophia nodded eagerly. 

"So I met him at the coffee shop-" 

"At 4 in the morning?" 

"Well.. It was more like 4:30 by the time I got there. Anyways, we both ordered a coffee because honestly, I don't know how I would have lasted with out any caffeine in my system-" 

"You should stop drinking caffeine. It affects your growing." Sophia interrupted. 

"Okay, mom. So back to the story. We were just talking chit chat when he randomly asked me my thoughts on a mate. I didn't really know what to say, but then he asked how I felt about him. By this time, his hand was grasping mine over the table and he asked me-" 

"Oh my god! He asked you to marry him!" 

"What! No! No! How on earth did you go to that conclusion?" 

"Then  what did he ask?" 

"Maybe if you stopped interrupting me, you would know by now!" Sophia didn't reply and I took that as my cue to keep going. 

"He asked if we are mates." Sophia still didn't peep a word. 

"Now you can speak." 

"Alright, so if he asked if your mates then he doesn't know about you and Hunter." 

"True."

"What  did you say to him?" 

"I-I said I didn't know. But that I did feel something, which isn't a lie." 

"But you know you're not really his mate. So you did lie." 

"More like withholding the truth, but never mind that. Here's the big part. Greg asked me- out." 

"He asked you.. out." Sophia tried to make sense of my words. 

"I know, I know, it's weird. Werewolves don't really date. They mate. But it's different for us." 

"Yea, cuz you're not really mates." 

"Hey! Stop saying that. No one can know of this." 

"Don't you feel bad?" Sophia got up, grabbing her bag on the way. 

"About what?" I questioned. 

"About lying to Greg?" 

"I do like him, soph. I wasn't lying about that. So we aren't really mates, so what? I've got to think about my future. There's no chance of Hunter and I being together, is it so bad to want someone else?"