Chapter 16

I'm back! :) I woke up at 5am, sat at the airport for 3 hours then had a 4 hour- ish flight. But since you guys are soooo awesome, I decided to update and leave all my un-packing for tomorrow ;) 

Thank you for every vote, comment and read! It all means so much to me.  

  'I fell in love with him the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.'

Chapter 16

"I pick.."

"Yes?" Hunter smirked.

"Fine." I agree to stay with him.

If it means that Greg gets to live and be part of the pack again, then, of course I'll do this for him.

"Say it," He says while standing up and crossing his arms.

"I did, didn't I?" I didn't meet his gaze. I don't want him to see how much this is affecting me.

"No, you just said fine. I want you to say, 'I pick you Hunter'" That jerk!

There is no way that I'm saying that. He already knows he won, what more does he want!

"No," I refuse.

The smirk wiped off from his face, his eyes hardening.

A cold look passed through his eyes before he abruptly took out his phone and started dialing.

"What are you doing?" I ask alarmed.

He ignores me.

I hear the greeting of Hunter's beta before Hunter spoke.

With a cold voice, he spoke, "I want you to go to the Edwards residence. If you see former delta, Greg, kill him."

"No! You can't do that!" I try grabbing his phone, but it's to late.

When I finally grab it, I just stare at it.

"I don't need the phone. I can just mind-link him. It doesn't matter anyways, he should be arriving at our house in a few minutes."

"No! Please Hunter, don't do this. He never did anything to you." Putting my arms out, I shove him backwards.

I'm surprised when he actually moves a step back.

Am I getting stronger?

"He's taking my mate! That's something!"

"No! You don't deserve to call me your mate! You rejected me! Maybe you didn't say the words, but you sure as hell treated me like a reject. You kill people, you hurt packs, you're a monster. I don't want you."

As always, Hunter became angrier.

He took steps towards me before his chest was to my face.

I'm not gonna lie, he looks very intimidating right now.

I know there's only one thing I can do to save Greg. I can't waste any more time, Greg can be dead by now.

"I'm yours," I whisper quietly, but I know he heard.

All emotion is wiped from his face.

"Pardon?"

"I pick you, Hunter." I look down, far too ashamed to face the problems eye-to-eye. And by problems, I mean Hunter.

He smiled, not smirked, but actually smiled. It was then that I noticed two deep dimples on either side of his cheeks.

What he did next, shocked me beyond words.