Chapter 16

A giant crack of thunder woke me up. I sit up suddenly and feel something slip off of my waist. I turned to see Namjoon asleep. I poke at him until he wakes up.

"Hmm?" He mumbles, clearly confused.

"Why're you sleeping with me?" I prompt.

"Why are you in my bed?" He counter-questions.

"What do you mean? You put me here."

"Jin told me you woke up."

"So?"

"You could've slept on the couch."

I pause before mumbling, "I... I couldn't... find it."

"What?" He asks, "I can't hear you."

I look at him as he sits up and embarrassedly say, "I couldn't find it."

He laughs while he talks, "It's right across from the dining table!" He starts lying down again, grabbing me wrist in the process, "I don't mind you here though. You're really warm."

Namjoon pulls me down facing away from him, before pulling me closer to him. He uses his height to his advantage and sets his chin on top of my head. Another boom of thunder makes me jump in his comforting arms. I feel him laugh before mumbling something low and quiet like, "I've waited so long for this." I couldn't make it out though.

"What?" I ask tiredly.

"Nothing." He answers and I feel him relax as he falls asleep.

                      ~Namjoon's P.O.V.~
"Namjoon!!"
A faint voice calls me as someone shakes me.
"Namjoon! Wake up!"
I pinpoint the deep voice to my roommate Yoongi. He begins shaking me harder, causing me to keep bumping into something. Or someone. The memories of the night begin to flood my mind.

Had I really almost confess-

"God, Namjoon! WAKE UP!" A new voice shouts.

The voice makes me jump, and I open my eyes slowly. My entire group was on the side of my bed. I rub my eyes and adjust to the light. Everyone was staring at me, eyes silently asking what was wrong with me.

"We have rehearsal today!" Taehyung yelled.

Shit. He's right.

I jump up and quickly get ready. Before running out the door, I wrote a small note for Y/N. I set it on top of her phone and smiled as she turned on the bed with a soft moan.

"NAMJOON!"

Right, right.

I turn off the light and run out.