Chapter 17

The soft pitter-patter of rain against glass greeted my ears as I woke up. I reach to grab my phone but I come back with a note instead. I read the rushed (and slightly messy) handwriting.

"Y/N,
I forgot we had rehearsal today; sorry if scared you, me not being there and all. I have some junk food in the bottom drawer of my dresser. Try and live off of that for a little bit. I'll get you something for dinner, text me what you want or if you need anything. Also, that drawer is my sock and undergarments drawer, but they're clean. I promise.
- Namjoon"

I laugh at his words as I stand and walk to his dresser. I squat down, open the drawer and begin digging. I smile.

Jackpot.

I start digging through the food when-

"Oh my gosh. Snickers."

Just as I took a bite, my phone buzzed. I grabbed it and looked at my screen.

Only For You ❤️:
Hey, you up yet?

Personal Assistant 😉:
Yeah. Thanks for the food.

Only For You ❤️:
Np
What do you want for dinner?

Personal Assistant 😉:
Hmm...
Surprise me!

Only For You ❤️:
Can do.
See ya in a couple minutes.

Personal Assistant 😉:
Bye!!

I turn off my phone and resume eating. That's when I remember..

Crap. I hope he doesn't take me somewhere fancy... I don't have any nice clothes...

I close the drawer and begin tidying up his side of the room.

                     ~Namjoon's P.O.V.~
I smile as I set my phone down and take a sip of my drink.

"You really like her, huh?"

I look up to see Yoongi walking towards me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I thought your feelings for Y/N we're just kinda... 'spur of the moment'." He continued.

I shot him a look of confusion, hoping he'd take the hint.

"You told me to wait to see if they were serious." I recalled.

"Are they?" He replies.

"I could ask the same about Sun Mei." I tease.

"Just answer the friggin question."

"Yes. I love her."

"How do you know she likes you too?"

"She didn't reject me when I made a move." I sigh.

"How do you know she isn't just letting you down easy?" He presses.

"She isn't that kind of person!" I finish, agitated.

Yoongi puts up his hands for me to back off.

"I'm just looking out for you," he pauses, "Fans aren't gonna like the age gap... Just find out her feelings for you and go from there."

He walks off, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Five years isn't that much...

I pull up my mask as I start to walk outside.

Besides, it's too late to back out now.

"Namjoon! Wait up!" I hear Jungkook shout behind me.

I turn around, "Yes?"

"Where are you going? A date? With Y/N?" He turns to the rest of the group and yells, "You guys we're right!" He turns to me again, "Good luck!"

Word spreads too fast...

He walks past me and Taehyung pats me on the back saying, "Don't mess it up, Romeo."

I get back to the dorm before everyone else, pack a quick meal, and start to open my door when I see Y/N tying her see-through top and lace her belt.

"God, you look amazing."

The words escape my mouth, making her turn towards me, rose bushes blooming throughout her face.

"I.. I didn't hear you come in.." she whispered.

"Sorry.. I didn't know you were changing.." I felt hotness rise in my cheeks, "I'm ready for us though."

She smiles and follows me out to the car. I open the door for her to climb in and I walk to the drivers side.

"Such a gentleman." She comments as I start the car.

I scoff lightly and start driving to where I was taking her. We near the location and I park.

"Namjoon... this is a valley..." Y/N says nervously.

"I know." I reply as I go to open her door.

                         ~Y/N's P.O.V.~
Namjoon takes my hand and starts leading me down a hill. I notice he held a basket in his free hand. He stops at a pretty level spot on the hill and sets down a blanket. He lays down on the blanket.

"Come on; sit down!" He ushers me, flashing his dimples.

I sit down next to him and he sits up to set the basket at our feet. He motions for me to look up and I gasp at the sight. The sun was surrounded by shades of red, pink, yellow, and orange perfectly blended together. I look at Namjoon, noticing how the sunset made his unique features pop out in a way I didn't think possible. I grab his hand and lace my fingers through his. He looks at our now conjoined hands then in my eyes.

"Y/N..." he starts.