Remember, Remember the 5th of November

Remember, remember the 5th of November played in my head over and over. Tuesday, sitting in school. Everyone was talking about the mass killing by a 'unknown killer' or girl sitting in their class. Man, history sucks, I've lived through half of this. Vampire pun intended.  The teacher dismissed us and I walked to English. I liked English, not just because of Shakespeare. I like to write and the books we read are actually really good. Someone got put in detention today for calling a teacher a 'Muggle' just like in Harry Potter. I sat on the table with some other girls while listening into their conversation. 

"Hey are you going to watch the fireworks tonight?"

"Yeah you?"

"Fireworks are the best like I would miss it." If the the 5th of November is when Guy Fawkes tried to blow up Parliament why celebrate with fireworks. I know there was going to be bonfires so everything is going to smell like ash and burnt wood mixed in with grass. The girls I sit with are annoying, they never do any work. 10 minutes till 3pm. Once the day is over I won't have to hear their them opening their mouths. 

3PM came sooner than I expected. I got dropped of by Rin and Lin. I opened the door to see him talking to someone on the phone. I snuck upstairs out of his way so he could continue. I got changed quickly because I was meeting Lin and Rin to see the fireworks. Well that's what the text message said anyway.

7PM.

It was dark enough for me to walk outside. I got to where they wanted to meet me. I checked the number again. Why did they use a different number. 

"Hello, Ms Flandre Scarlet." That caught me off guard. I turned to see a man dressed in black. He wasn't any man. It......it.............was.

"Or should I say the dirty little secret of the Scarlet Devil Mansion." Hes a Vampire hunter, sword in hand. If I get hit by that weapon I'm going to die. He raised his sword, just as he was about to swing. I was lifted off the ground and carried off. My eyes were closed so I couldn't see who it was but they were pretty fast. I opened one eye. No way he saved me back there. At least he is fast. We hid a bush so they couldn't find us. He was out of breath but he was quieted when panting. Probably learned that from running away from the police a lot.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes I am" I replied. I noticed he was clutching his leg. He got slashed by the blade while saving me. 

"What about your leg?"

"It's okay Ms Scarlet. As long as your okay." He smiled at me his red eyes watery from pain. I heard footsteps come towards us. No way he found us. I grabbed his arms pulling him off the ground before flying above the tree tops. I looked down at him.

"You didn't have to do that."

"You saved me so I am returning the favour." I said with a smile and he smiled back. We looked at the people enjoying the night. We landed a few blocks away from home. 

"Lets go home."

"Just call me Flandre, okay"

"What, I couldn't do that I wi-"

"Call me Flandre and that is final." I cut him off.

"The names Mad."

"Okay Mad." I couldn't walk well because I used my energy to fly here at such a speed.

"Found you" This time it was one of his group members. The next thing that happened was the man got decapitated. He saved my life. He does care about me. He picked me up and carried me home while I kept my grip on his hoodie. Once we got inside. I patched up his leg before going to bed. I starred at the ceiling thinking to myself. Does he really care? Yes. Do I know his name? Yes his name is Mad. Did he save you? Yes and carried you home. My eyes fluttered closed.

Remember, remember the 5th of November. The month before December. The day someones death was planned. They were found so they couldn't complete. But this November, it was one of the damned. We laugh at his defeat. His blood at our feet. 

Remember, remember the 5th of November. The month before cold December. When he saved me. He felt my plea. He promised to protect me till the end. Now I have to make a mend. To our friendship.

Remember, remember the 5th of the November. The night before the killings came. The red snow of December.  I was the master that kept the beast tame. For us this is just a game. He his my knight who protects me and for that I give you my blessing. I will help you and you will help me. A duo of a murderer and a vampire makes this November the month to remember. For all eternity. (Well that could be better but good enough.)