29.

Continuation of last chapter.
-enjoy

Khadijah

"Mo's house got blown up and she was possibly in there when it happened." Trey said.

As the words left his mouth, it seemed as all the breath in my body was taken from me.

I couldn't breath and my head was spinning. I tried gasping for breath, the more I tried, the harder it was to breathe.

"Calm down baby! You havin' a panic attack."

I sat on the bed and rubbed my sweaty hands on my thighs. I felt sweat form on my forehead, and a lump in my throat. I pointed to a bottle of water that sat on top of the refrigerator and Trey ran over and got it. He untwisted the cap and placed the bottle to my lips. I sipped from the water, and pushed it back.

"Breathe baby, breathe." Trey coached me as my breath slowly went back to normal.

"How, why, who, when?" I managed to breath out.

"I don't know but we gotta get to Korie before somethin' happen to him, he ain't answerin'." Trey went to the duffel bag and pulled out an outfit for me and him.

We quickly got dressed and left the hotel.

"Faster Trey, fuckin' drive!" I yelled raising my hands up in frustration.

"D I'm doin' the dash! How much faster you want me to go!"

A ringing phone made me snap out of my thoughts. I searched my purse, fumbling around until I found it.

"Korie! Where you at?" I yelled once I finally answered the phone.

"At home, the fuck y'all blowin' my shit up for?" He asked as if he'd just waken up.

"It's Mo! She—"

"Ion fuck with her, so ion care."

"I know this nigga ain't just hang up on me." I pulled the phone from my ear looking at it in disbelief.

"We fenna just swing by Mo crib then, we right here." Trey turned the car around almost giving me whiplash.

We pulled up to Mo's house, barely letting the car come to a full stop, and Trey and I hopped out.

"This is my sister's house!" I yelled to the officers that were holding me back.

"Ma'am we cant let you through here, please stay back until we have further information."

I looked at the burned down house with tears burning my eyes. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"Wait, where's her car? She's not here! Her car would've been here."

A couple officers came to me and asked what kind of car Mo had and I explained to them, a blue 2014 Malibu.

They walked away and conversed amongst themselves and walked towards the house shuffling things around. After searching for God knows what, they came back over to where I was with Trey's arms around me.

"Ma'am," the officer pointed towards the house, "you see over there, that's where the garage sat before the explosion, and there in fact are huge traces of her car being in there. There are chunks of her car scattered about, but mainly in that area, I'm so sorry."

The words came out of his mouth in slow motion as I slid to the ground with Trey's arms still around me.

"No! No! S-she's not dead! Lord why! No!" I cried.