75.

a little over a week later...
April 25th, 2016
Mo

"Korie, I been calling and texting you for three days straight now with no answer or reply. You not that damn busy to the point you can't answer the phone for yo' pregnant ass girlfriend— nah fuck that! Wife! Answer the phone before I cut that trip real short." I snatched the phone off my ear and pressed the red button, ending the hundredth voicemail I'd left.

I rubbed my stomach, coaching myself by breathing in and out at a steady pace. I was having these sharp pains in my lower back and my side, and they've been paining me on and off for the last three days. That's why I was so bent up about Korie not answering the phone, and I have every right to be because that's no way to treat the woman that's pregnant with, and taking care of, his children.

And I have no problem taking care of Lyric because she is now my daughter, blood or not. I just don't see how he expects me to do all of this alone, being that I'll be eight months pregnant in just a few days.

I swung both legs off the bed, beginning to stand, but I quickly bent over placing my balled up fists firmly into the mattress. I pulled my bottom lip into my mouth and bit on it, trying my best to hold in my groans. I watched as Lyric stirred around in her sleep, and I was hoping she didn't wake up. It's already been hard getting her to sleep at night because she's not used to us staying at a hotel, and especially not for this long, and on top of that, she hasn't seen or spoken to Korie.

Once the pain subsided, I walked over to my cell phone on the nightstand and FaceTimed Khadijah.

The phone rang and rang with no answer, I blew out a breath and rubbed my temples as I ended the call. Sliding into my slippers, I crept to the connecting door right across the room, I gave it a few knocks and waited for an answer.

"Everything alright?" Trinity pulled the door open, stained tears evident on her cheeks.

After everything that transpired last week, everybody was shook. Nobody knew what was coming next, so the guys decided to get us out of dodge, somewhere secluded and out of the mix. We knew what everything was leading to, but we didn't know what the full outcome would be. Dijah, Trinity, the babies, Lyric, and I have been staying at this decked out hotel in Wisconsin for the time being. They wanted us to be somewhere further, but considering the fact that I was way too pregnant to travel anywhere far, we had to go to the closest out of the way spot.

Since finding out that Reem was killed, Trin has been to herself, she doesn't want to talk about how she feels, in fact no one even knows her real feelings about the situation because she shut everyone out. But could you blame her? No, and that's why I won't. I just have to stand by her and be her shoulder to cry on whenever she needs it, because she would do the same for me.

"I need to run and check on Dijah and the boys, would you be able to keep an eye on Lyric until I come back? She's sleeping right now, but she might wake up. If she does, just lay next to her and rub her head for a minute and she'll go right back to sleep." I leaned over and squeezed my eyes shut, because the pain I was feeling was beginning to become unbearable.

"Sure," she furrowed her eyebrows and looked over my posture, "you good there?"

"No, we might have to leave because I think these are contractions." I whispered, hearing Lyric shuffling around. "I'll be back as soon as I see what's up with D."

She nodded her head and walked over to the bed sliding in beside Lyric.

"Are you okay, Trin?" I bit the inside corner of my lip and fidgeted with my fingers.

She propped her head up on her fist as she laid on her side looking through me— not at me, but through me. No words came out as she parted her lips to speak, but the sudden shake of her head and flush of the face let me know.