47.

Trinity

"Makin' my way downtown, walkin' fast, faces pass and I'm home bound! Staring blankly ahead, just makin' my way through the croooowd! Dun unna dun unna dun! And I need you! Dun unna dun unna dun! And I miss you! Dun unna dun unna dun! And now I woooooonderrrr! Do you think time, would pass me by! 'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles, if I could just seeeeee youuuuuuu, TONIGHT!" I sang along watching my favorite movie of all time, 'White Chicks'.

I had been at home watching Lyric all day, and when I tell you, I always have a blast with this little girl. I call Korie and Mo almost everyday asking if she could come over. And after a few minutes of them whining and complaining about how I keep her too much, and I need to enjoy my life before I have a child of my own, they let me come get her.

"Tt?" Her sweet little voice rang.

"Yes boo bear?" I paused the movie.

"Where is your other person?" She asked playing with her Barbie doll's hair.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Daddy is Mo's other person, unwle Trey is Tt D's other person. So where is yours?" She lifted her head up and scrunched her eyebrows.

I took in a deep breath and tapped her nose with my pointer finger.

"Weeeeell, not everyone has another person Lyr. Sometimes people need to be alone, and let that other person find them...ya know?"

"Hmm okay."

She had seemed to be satisfied with that answer so I pressed play on the movie and thought about it in my head.

The doorbell rang cutting me from my thoughts and Lyric jumped up running towards the door.

"Ah ah ah! I know you not about to go open that door." I scolded.

"But what if it's my daddy?" She tilted her head.

"Then I'll let him in, and your daddy would've called before he came. Either way, you never open up the door for anyone. Okay?"

"Tay." She skipped back to the living room.

The doorbell rang again making me spin on my heels heading towards the door.

I looked through the peephole.

Whoever it was had their back turned towards the door and their hood was on, so I couldn't see them, and to make it even worse, it was dark outside. The figure stepped off of the porch and peeked in the window, allowing me to get a better look at them. And just as sure as my name was Trinity, I knew that dirty ass Nautica hoodie from anywhere beaming from the porch light, and it belonged to no one other than Sean.

"Go away! Do I need to call the police?" I locked my top lock and my chain lock.

"Why you wanna go and do that?" He leaned against the door with his back still turned.

"Leave now!" I turned around seeing Lyric standing behind the wall peeking.

I pointed up telling her to go upstairs, she slowly turned around and went on.

"You know I can't leave you alone Trinity, I messed up. I apologized a million times, so at this point I figured you just want me to chase you. Is that it Trin, don't girls like to be chased and see the effort and how far a man is willing to go for them?"

I backed away from the door quietly and went searching for my phone. I searched the couch and the counter, and as soon as I turned around, all the lights in the house went off.

"The fuck?" I whispered.

"Tt!?" Lyric shouted.

"I'm downstairs but don't come down here I don't want you falling." I tried to stay calm for the sake of my niece.