•{2}•

- N E W F R I E N D S -

Thomas looked over to where he heard the voice, grabbing his pistol and pointing it at the unknown stranger. A head peeped around the corner of the isle shelves. It had brown hair and eyes.

"I don't need to tell you anything. State your name and your purpose." Thomas growled, his finger clench tighter around the trigger and ready to shoot at any time.

"The names, Edd. Edward Gold. And by the way, with your medical knowledge, that isn't going to heal properly." Edward stated, now properly standing in the isle.

Thomas lowered his gun, but ready to pull it out at any given moment. He isn't putting his guard down around any stranger.

"And how would you know that? I think I did just fine!" Thomas huffed, crossing his arms.

Edward walked closer, crouching down by Thomas left side. He pulled off the badly wrapped bandages. A bullet wound.

"Hey! I just did that!" Thomas grumbled, crossing his arms.

"And I'm helping you." Edward stated blandly. "How did you get this?" Edward asked, taking Thomas arm in his hands to get a better look at the bullet wound.

"Doesn't matter..." Thomas muttered. "Just, if your going to help me, hurry."

Edward nodded, getting to work on Thomas's wound. He properly cleaned the wound and stuck cotton with medical tape to the wound. Edward then wrapped the cleaned wound with some new bandages.

"There, all done!" Edward chirped, standing up and reaching his hand out to help Thomas up.

Thomas took Edwards hand, getting help to stand up. "Thanks..." Thomas mumbled, getting his stuff together and ready. "I should get going. Hope you live through the invasion!" Thomas called, walking away from Edward.

"Wait!" Edward called. "Could you come with me? You seem to know a lot about combat and guns..." Edward started, "And we still need to wait for that wound to properly recover before I let you go!"

"You got stable supplies? Like food and water?" Thomas asked, stopping in his tracks and turning on his heel to face Edward.

Edward nodded, an excited smile on his lips. "Yes! Yes! We have stable supplies that I predict could last us for quite a while."

"Alright then, I'll protect you then. I'm guessing that's the real reason you need me." Thomas agreed, walking back over to the green boy. Edward grinned with glee from Thomas's answer. "So where is your hideout?" Thomas asked, raising an eyebrow.

Edward waved his hand, signalling Thomas to follow. "Follow me, it's quite a ways away since me and my friend didn't want to stay near all the commotion."

Edward walked back to the isle he was in before, the games isle. He grabbed some random bored game boxes and headed out the little corner store.

"You have a friend?" Thomas asked, interested in who this person may be like.

"Yeah I do. Though the news said not to trust anyone, I trust him because I've known him for so long. How could I not?" Edward spoke, holding the boxes with one arm by his side and the other arm softly swaying by his other side while he walked on the footpath.

"What's he like?" Thomas asked again.

"Well, he isn't the brightest in most cases... but in some weird situations he is. He spends most of his time looking in a mirror, since he loves his face that much. But he's friendly and always brings a good vibe to people." Edward answered, turning a right corner.

This street ended with a fence and a forest of trees behind that. But besides from that, the street looked like any other street. Abandoned.

"Just over this fence and a little further should be where my friends and I's hideout should be." Edward claimed, pushing the board game boxes under the fence. Then climbing his way over.

Thomas rolled his eyes, climbing after the other green clad male. Thomas jumped from the top. Rolling over then into a crouched stance on the green grass.

"Wow..." Edward muttered, climbing down the fence. He held the box's again and started to head through the forest. "Didn't know you could do that."

Thomas shrugged, following Edward. "Eh, I've always been able to do things like that."

"That's a cool talent ya' know. Not everyone can do that." Edward chirped, clearly in a good mood.

"I know, but it isn't that hard if I have to be honest." Thomas shrugged again, pushing past a stray branch.

"We're here!" Edward exclaimed, raising his free arm in the air.

Thomas looked back from behind him to in front of him.

An abandoned warehouse stood before him. The roof seemed to be completely intact and no holes. The brown brick walls had only a few cracks here and there. Some vines from the over growing forest climbed some of the brick walls. All the windows were boarded up.

A male ran out the warehouse. He wore light blue skinny jeans. A bright green overcoat hung over his purple hoodie. His ginger, orange hair sorta stuck up, sorta like Thomas's. Finally, he wore purple converse.

"Edd! Your back! I was worried you got caught!!" The male chirped, wrapping his arms around Edward. He was taller then Edward and Thomas.

"It's great to be back!" Edward joked happily, leaving his friends arms. "Oh! Matt, this is... uhhh... what's your name?" Edward asked Thomas.

Thomas rolled his eyes, walking over to the couple. "Hello, I'm Thomas Thompson, but I prefer Tom. Who are you?" Thomas introduced, holding out his hand for the purple clad male.

"Nice to meet you, Tom! I'm Mathew but friends call me Matt!" Mathew chirped, pulling Thomas into a hug instead of a simple handshake.

Thomas awkwardly patted his free hand on Mathews back. Mathew pulled away from the hug. Thomas sighing in relief from the awkwardness.

"Edd, is he staying with us?" Mathew asked, tilting his head like a curious puppy.

Edward giggled. "Yes, Matt. Yes he is."

Mathew raised his arms in the air. "Yay! Now I can decorate the spare room!" Mathew chirped, running back inside.

"Uhh... I get a room?" Thomas asked, looking over at Edward.

"Yeah, there are a few spare rooms we didn't need in there. Matt wanted to decorate them all, but I didn't let him because there was no reason too." Edward explained, walking towards the building. "Come on, I'll give a tour."

Hopefully this place is hidden from soldiers...

Thomas thought, following Edward. He didn't want to what happened to him earlier happen to these two.

——————————
1103 words
——————————