Chapter 19 : Catching Up

The next morning I had made up my mind to start a fresh beginning. A new start to a new life that can be hopefully less depressing. I called out to mom and asked her to have my breakfast ready. Then I packed my bag and was ready to leave.

"Where are you going, Cal?" Grandma asked.

"I'm going to Lucy's. I haven't seen her since forever. Dina is going to meet us there too." I turn back and answer.

"That's great. You'll have a nice change of mind." Grandma said with an encouraging smile to lift my heart.

"Yes. Okay, bye. I'm going to be late!" I exclaimed as I put on my headphones and rode my bicycle towards Lucy's house. She lived in a very big house, she had her own swimming pool in her backyard and also a little garden.

As I reached, I rang the doorbell. To my surprise, James opened the door. "Hey! Long time no see! Lucy told me you'll come."

"Yes. I.." Just then I remembered Eva saying that he likes her. For some reason, I just wanted to ignore him for that. "Yeah..umm thanks for opening the door. "I say as I continue my trail into the house.

"Hey, Cal! Is my elder brother troubling you?" Lucy asked in a light tone.

"Nope. Not at all. When is Dina coming?" I asked as we walked towards her room trying to divert the attention.

"She'll probably reach any minute." Just then the doorbell rang.

"Looks like she's here. " Lucy said as she walked towards the door.
Just then James came up to me. He said, "what's up with you today? You don't seem like the same full of beans girl from school."

"Nothing, just busy and hectic and probably stressful life. " I said daring not to look at him right into his eyes.
"I know. But that doesn't really seem it."

"James, it's nothing.", I asserted. "Plus you have other people to worry about. ", indicating Evanthia.

He looked offended, said "Fine." and walked away. I felt sad for him as I saw him move away from my view. He probably didn't even know why I'm upset. But I didn't have a place to discharge the anger that I had against Evanthia. The fact that James, one boy who I had really liked for the first time, liked her, really pained me. My thoughts were interrupted by Dina who literally jumped on me.

"Caaaaaaaaal! Where were you for so many days? Oh my god! I missed you so much!" Dina exclaimed.

"Calm down Dina! I'm right here." I replied.
"By the way, where's Evanthia? She went on a trip with you right?" Dina asked.

"How could both of you just go on a trip without us?" Lucy added.
"Wait. How do you know that we went on a trip?" I asked.

"We went to your house to ask you why you missed homecoming. Your grandma told us that you both went on a trip together." Lucy replied.

"Homecoming reminds me...you will not believe what happened, Callidora!!" Dina exclaimed.

"What happened?" I asked widening my eyes.

"Lucy found someone!" Dina exclaimed.

I couldn't believe it. "Who's the lucky guy?" I asked.