Chapter 26: Planning

The next morning arrives just as a breeze and we are ready to execute our plan. I take Violet to the market to shop for some plain fabric cloth.

Meanwhile, Luke and Fleur take responsibility of making the new weapons as they were masters in weaponry. I had asked Dina to make a mixed tape of the 80's songs. She was surprised for a minute but agreed when I told her that it was going to be a gift for Evanthia.

Violet and I reach home with two bags full of fabrics, dresses and shoes. We see that Luke and Fleur have already made the weapons using iron and steel (along with some magic ofcourse!) which include spears, cannon balls, arrows and few other things which even I hadn't seen before.

"Oh my god! Where did you get so much of metal from?" I ask in surprise.

"I don't know. Luke got it. Tell them Luke." Fleur replies.

"I..I just took it from the neighbourhood." He replies subtly.

"What? But where did you find it?" Just then I hear people arguing on the road. I quickly peep through the window. I can see two men and a woman worried as they converse.

The woman points at something. I try to look at what it is but the only thing I can follow is that she pointing to the sky. I'm puzzled and try to listen to them.

I can hear bits and pieces of their conversation.

"But it was right here!"

"How did it vanish?"

"Magic!" "No such thing like magic, stupid!"

"Thief!"

"The pole!" I exclaim instantaneously and turn my head towards Luke, who in turn looks at Fleur.

"Why did you steal the pole? What if they find out that you stole it? They'll put us in prison!" I exclaim and quickly draw the curtains.

"They'll never find out that we did it because no one can see invisible people! And it's not only the pole. we stole a car, a lamp, some cutlery from your neighbour, some photo frames too." Fleur says confidently.

"What! Are you serious? Fleur, you guys maybe invisible but these weapons aren't. They'll find out that we stole all those items! You really shouldn't have done that." I say in dismay.

Fleur says "What else could we have done? We needed so much metal to make these powerful metals. We don't even find such metals in Bellendis."
"And how did you transform those metals into these weapons?" I ask.
Luke says "your grandmother helped us. She knew the right spell to turn them into weapons."

I didn't know that grandma knew so much about spells.

"Okay. Before we make our next move, we must hide these weapons somewhere. We have to go to Bellendis before the police officers come for any sort of inspection." I say and run to grandma's room.

I meet grandma and she advices us to leave immediately.

"Before you leave, I have one more thing to do." She sways her wand around the fabric pieces, dresses and shoes which Violet and I had bought. A cloud like thing covers them and within seconds all of them are covered with a thin layer of glitter and they shine brightly with different shades of the same color. I have never seen such beautiful clothes in my life. The shoes look as new as ever. I'm sure that Alaric will fall for these.

Then grandma sways her wand around Violet and Fleur. A cloud covers them and within seconds they look amazing. I can't even recognize them. Violet wears a purple colored mini skirt and a white shirt with matching shoes and her short hair pinned with a beautiful purple clip. Fleur wears a lovely blue gown with matching steletoes. Then grandma waves her wand around me and I wait for my surprise.

Just then I hear a whisper. "Why didn't she change?"

I look at myself in the mirror. All I see is that I'm wearing the same clothes as I was in the morning.
I turn towards grandma. "Why didn't I change?"

"Because you don't have to." She smiles at me.

"I don't understand." I start.

"These outfits that I've given them aren't just normal outfits. These have special powers. I've given them the power of protecting themselves. Violet's shoes can make her run as fast as she wants. Fleur's gown acts as a shield against all spells. And you... You have one already. When you say the prophecy, you change into your outfit on your own and that gives you a lot of energy and strength. And anyways, you can disguise yourself as anyone. The same thing was for Evanthia's suit but she has the power to bring back the greenery of Bellendis and to wake up the sleeping flowers.

She's right. Now I begin to recall everything.

"But, how did you? How did you learn so much magic?" I ask in awe.

"It's my experience, Cal. I was once an apprentice myself."

"Then why don't you come with us? Help us directly in the war."

"I can't. My age doesn't permit that. Once you decide to leave Bellendis forever, you can only go back till the age of 40. You know, I'm way too older than that."

"Yes. But I wish you could." I say.

"Don't worry. I'll be there with you. If you want any help, or an answer to any question, then just think of me for a minute and I'll be able to converse with you."

"Like, through a telephone?"

"Yes. Have faith in yourself Cal, you are the future queen of Bellendis. You have you take care of yourself and the others."

I hear the front doorbell ring.
I see Fleur, Luke and Violet at a distance. Fleur throws a dimension ball at one corner of the room and violet lifts the weapons and goes into the portal.

"Okay grandma. I will, trust me. I feel like this time is going to be our victory for sure." I say.

"That's the spirit. Go on now, everyone is waiting for you. This time, don't forget Evanthia."
I smile.

Just then I hear the front doorbell ring again. That surely must be the cops, I think.

"Cal, come fast. We don't have time" Fleur calls me after Luke jumps into the portal.

I hug grandma quickly. "Take care, sweet heart." She says.

"You too, grandma." I say.

I close my eyes and heave a sigh of relief as I walk in to the portal that soon leads me to my real home.