Chapter 30 : The Loss Of A Hero

I move my arms and struggle to get a hold of my wand. As I do, I see Eva, Fleur, Luke and Rhiannon pacing towards me with the soldiers behind them. Alaric sees them too and is shocked.

He doesn't realise that he's loosened his grip of his wand. I take advantage of that and quickly grab my wand with my left leg and toss it upwards to hold it in my right hand. I wave my wand round and aim at Alaric's hand. A blue light comes out of my wand and hits his hand. He drops his wand instantly. I put in all my strength and the blue light continues hitting him. He shrieks with pain and then laughs. It doesn't seem to effect him much.

Rhiannon, Fleur, Luke and Eva help me and together we surround Alaric in a circle.

Suddenly, he divides into two Alarics and two of them divide into four. Soon there are sixteen Alarics and they go behind us and surround us. All of them laugh at us.

"Who is the real one?" Fleur asks in a worried tone.
"All of them look the same!" Luke exclaims. He hits the light of his wand on one of them but it just goes through that Alaric.

"I know who's the real one!" I say. "Remember we had this conversation a long time ago, Eva. We were talking about how you scare your brother with ghosts."

"And I said that ghosts didn't have shadows, nor did holograms. Oh my god! That's right! " She continued and whispered to the rest of them.
All our eyes are on the real Alaric, the one who's shadow we can make out.
"On the count of three." I whispered.

"Three" Fleur whispers.

"Two" Luke continues.

"One" Eva says

All of our wands hitting him, he feels a pain and crouches. Evanthia and I recite the prophecy to multiply the effect.

"We are the ones who'll never fail
Darkness, sorrow and hatred will leave a trail...
When brightness, affection and love shall prevail.
The seas of joy the soul sisters will sail."

Alaric screams in pain.

"Why don't you laugh now, you morron! Laugh like you did when you killed our parents! I want to hear you laugh!" I order him.
Evanthia takes her sword and throws it on him. "That's for killing our parents!" Blood flows out through his left arm.
Fleur throws her sword at him. "That's for killing my parents too!" Alaric's right arm starts bleeding.

Luke throws his weapon on him. "That's for killing Grifford and all the other Bellendians and also for turning me into this hideous creature!"
The sword hits his chest and it starts bleeding. By now Alaric falls on his feet and is gasping for air. I walk towards him and put my right foot on his stomach.

I take a deep breath and stab his chest with my sword, mercilessly.
Drops of his blood sprinkle on my shirt but I ignore it. "That's for killing Violet!"

"What? Violet's dead?" Fleur asks, startled. But Luke had alreadly seen her lying in the corner of the room. He rushes to her at once. Eva and Fleur run behind him.

I ask Rhiannon to kill Alaric once and for all so that he never comes back. Rhiannon waves her wand and chants a special spell at Alaric. White fog surrounds him and I watch him get torn into a million pieces and disappear into thin air.

At once, the whole room is filled with white and golden sparkles. I close my eyes due to the immense brightness.
I slowly open my eyes after a minute and I run towards Violet. I see a young handsome man with blond hair kneeling down, taking her head on his lap and crying. "Wake up Violet! Please! Open your eyes! You can't leave me and go!"

Fleur and Evanthia are also weeping.
"Luke! Your not a rabbit anymore!" I exclaim.
He looks at his hands and legs but still the look of despair shows clearly in his grey eyes. "It doesn't matter, now that she's gone!" He replies.