Chapter 32 : Farewell

Evanthia approaches me and smiles gently. I let her take the lead."It's because our home is somewhere else now. Grandma and our parents who have raised us from so many years await our return. We can't forget about them. That's our world now and we ought to get back. But that doesn't mean that we'll forget about Bellendis. We'll keep coming back and meeting y'all. Someone has to be here to take care of Bellendis. We've chosen you because we trust you and know that you'll make a wonderful queen."

"You really think so?" A curious voice comes from the other side of the door. "But how will the Bellendians accept me as their queen knowing that the both of you are the true heirs?"

"Why do you think it took me so long to come here? I've explained everything to them and they're eagerly awaiting your presence." She sighs. I look at her in awe. My sister is so smart.

"So are you coming out or should I transform Luke into a queen?" I say, sarcastically.

Evanthia bursts out laughing.

At once the door opens and Fleur rushes into my arms and gives me a big hug. She pulls Eva to it too. "Thank you sooo much your highness!" She exclaims.

"Get that over with!" Eva tells her.
The three of us walk towards the hall and Luke stares at us, probably wondering what took us so long.
I look down at the Bellendians from the balcony and smile. "We're so sorry for the delay. I hope Evanthia was successful in making you all understand why we had to take this decision." The Bellendians shout out a huge 'yes' and clap. Once silence prevails I resume my speech. "So, where was I? Yes, so we gladly present to you the true deserving queen of Bellendis...Queen Fleur!" I say and get Fleur to an angle where everyone can see her. She softly bows and thanks everyone. I take out the garland that's around my neck and slide it through her's.

Then, Evanthia gives her the sword she's holding. "They'd want you to have it." She says. After that, I take out the crown from my head and gently place it on her head. She bows in front of me.

The soldiers shout, "All hail queen Fleur! All hail princess Callidora and Princess Evanthia !" And the trumpets and bugles start playing.

The Bellendians bow down before us.
"Thank you princesses, for giving me this honour and thank you dear Bellendians for accepting me as your queen. I know that till now you have experienced so many problems because of Alaric. Many of you have lost your homes, some of you have lost your loved ones too. I cannot bring back what you have lost, but I can surely provide you the necessities to start a new life. You all will be provided with 1000 Bels each from the kingdom's treasury so do not worry about anything. We shall wait to see all your lanterns light up the sky tonight. If you have any other problems, you can approach me anytime. I hope I can serve you all well."

All the Bellendians start clapping and their faces light up with joy.
Fleur bows again and goes back inside.

"Was that okay?" She asks curiously.

"Okay? You rocked it 'Your Highness!'" I tease her.

Evanthia continues, "Yes, 'Your highness', that was a wonderful speech! And it's such a good thing that you'll provide them with 1000 Bels, 'Your Highness!"

Fleur smiles at us, her cheeks red with embarrassment. "Okay, okay...sorry. I won't say it again and you guys please don't too."

Dusk arrives within no time and we all assemble in the open garden for the lantern leaving Ceremony. The chandeliers and candles of the castle light up the castle beautifully. The garden and the waterfalls looks lightened by the lanterns the Bellendians are holding. Some of them stand in a queue in order to collect their share of lanterns from Luke.
Evanthia, Fleur and I go and stand next to Luke. He's busy in writing the name of person the lantern is dedicated to by each Bellendian. The Bellendians tell him the names one by one, he writes on the lantern and gives the lantern to the Bellendian standing in front of him.