Chapter 2

AnnaBelle

I woke up to a soft kiss on my lips, mine pouting by reflex when the other pair were swiftly pulled away shortly after.

"Jake." I whined, reaching my arm out to him only to then after realize he was no longer in my bed. His lips once again touched me, this time on the cheek, before I heard him go towards my window and just like that, he was gone.

I got the energy to open my eyes a brief five minutes later, the new smell of Jake lingering around the air. I lifted the neck of his shirt up to my nose, inhaling and trying to make the glorious smell of his cologne and body wash last in my senses.

Finally, sitting up fully, I looked over at my alarm clock to notice it was only seven, and I normally wake up at seven thirty, giving me enough time to attend my first class of the day at eight o'clock sharp. Just as I was about to get out of bed, my phone buzzed rapidly from beside my alarm clock and I quickly picked it up, wasting no time with hesitation.

"Hello?"

"Thank god you're finally answering. I've been calling all morning!" Jack sounded out of breathe on the phone, rapidly breathing. "Anna, you have to tell me something right now, no questions asked. I'll be over in a few, but just tell me this, okay?" Jack pleaded.

"Yeah, sure, shoot." I was too drowsy to process Jack's panicked behaviour and rubbed at my eyes, trying to adjust to the light purple walls of my bedroom and the bright white carpet that's always pleading for me to spill something like nail polish or a drink on it, that would no doubt about it, stain on it.

"When was the last time you saw Jake?" This got me awake, my eyes fully opening as I hopped out of bed to find pants, no longer wanting to just sit around.

"Uh, I don't know, ten minutes ago, maybe."

"What?" Jack seemed alerted and it was then that I heard the loud noise of cars on his end of the line, proving he was in the car.

"I saw Jake only about ten minutes ago, possibly a few less." After finding a cozy pair of sweatpants from my drawer, I set my phone down on my bed and put it on speakerphone to put them on, hearing Jack's hurried voice from the other end.

"Annabelle, listen to me." I tugged my bottom lip between my teeth with nervousness at the tone of Jack's voice, feeling sudden chills run up my arms. "I want you to stay in your bedroom until I come over, can you do that for me?"

"Jack, why are you treating me like a victim? What's going on?" A part of me was about to ask what happened to Jake, but I just saw him barely ten minutes ago, he's probably on his way home at this very exact moment.

I sat on my bed when Jack ended the phone call, playing with the hem of my shirt, using it's warmth and comfort for an outlet against whatever was going on.

"Thank god, you're okay!" Jack exclaimed the second he opened my bedroom door, seeming to be out of breathe.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I laughed, about to stand up when Jack pushed me lightly back into my sitting position and sat beside me on my bed. "I'm going to have to ask you a few questions," Jack pulled out his phone and seemed to be in search of something before pressing a button that made a dinging noise and setting it on my night table. "And you need to answer with as much detail as possible."

"Wait, are you recording me?" I glanced at the screen of Jack's phone to find it recording my voice, sending me into alert mode. Sure, Jack's a cop and all, but this just got serious, like actual serious.

"It's for your own good, Annabelle. Now tell me exactly what happened the last time you saw Jake from the beginning to the end."

I had explained to Jack in as much depth as possible, how I had woken up with Jake beside me and his t-shirt the only actual piece of clothing on my body. I told him how he had strangely pinned me to my bed before we fell asleep, and how he left through my window like I had assumed he came.