Chapter 8

Annabelle

When I woke up, my head hurt from all of the crying I had done yesterday. A light murmur of my name falling from someone's lips caused my awakening, I shifting in bed. I squinted my eyes open without thinking, and suddenly out of fear and shock, scooted back a bit when I realized where I was and who I was with.

I was beyond tired and I highly doubted I had gotten more than five hours of sleep last night, judging by the amount of time I spent worrying myself to no end. Eventually Harry had rolled towards me in his sleep, wrapping a lazy arm around my waist, but I was more than glad when it was nothing more, nothing too suffocating.

"Finally, you're up."

"What time is it?" I mumbled, fighting the urge to scoot closer to the edge of the bed because I knew I was already there and moving backwards would only result in me falling off the edge and to the carpet that, although looked soft, probably wouldn't be.

"Eight o'clock." Harry grinned, sitting up and stretching, allowing a cracking noise to erupt throughout his entire back. Because of my laying position on the bed, I watched the whole ordeal, glancing at the way his muscles clenched and unclenched from every movement he made.

Harry got out of bed while I tried to think of why on Earth I'd have to be up so early if he obviously wasn't going to be letting me go to school or work, two things I had unfortunately abandoned out of pure force.

I sat up in the bed, readjusting the sweater I wore since it had fallen out of place during sleep. I combed my hands through my hair, really just wanting a nice shower.

"Can I have a shower?" I asked without thinking, feeling way too comfortable around Harry who was walking around his bedroom to find clothes, only in his boxers that I fought the urge to look at. I could see Harry's several tattoos, all of them looking to have an actual meaning, either that or he just decided to get a bunch of random things designed onto his body.

"Sure." Harry's words lingered and sounded like he wanted to say more, but didn't. I was shocked when a pile of clothes landed on my lap that was covered by the bed sheets, and frowned when I noticed them to be pieces of lingerie, weird.

"Um, Harry?" I asked quietly and as shy as ever.

"Yeah, Bells?" Bells, even weirder.

"Why did you give me this?" I held out the padded bra and underwear for Harry to see what I was talking about, although it was obvious.

"I'm getting you clothes, just wait a second."

"Oh." When Harry returned from the other room, he handed me a pair of sweatpants and a random black t-shirt, all looking to belong to a girl because of the fit of it, proving that for some reason, Harry obtained girl clothes.

"Come on." Harry gestured for me to get up, in which I did, carrying the clothes with me as he lead me towards the bathroom. We had to pass through a hallway to get there and I was a bit confused when he came in with me, only causing me to frown. "Well you didn't expect me to leave you alone, did you? What if you drowned, or fell and hit your head? How would I know and be able to save you?"

"Harry, I—"

"No, Bells, no ands, ors, or buts, I'm staying in here."

"But—"

"No."

I groaned in annoyance, the first actual time I felt comfortable around Harry to even try to protest against something and boom, shot down.

"Harry," I paused, waiting to see if he'd interrupt me, in which he didn't. I stood in the doorway, not even bothering to enter the clean and nice looking bathroom, while Harry leaned against the sink, arms crossed as he was waiting for me to continue. "I'm not showering with you right near me."